Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Opiate withdrawl will NOT go away!!

well, i few monthes back i quit using heroin and pills (Oxytontin) was on it for about 9 monthes or so, then a friend gave me some bupe for my withdrawls, i only took 4mg of this, (the only withdraw symptoms i had was coldness of my body and chils.) This helped reduce the chills and coldness and weakness down to nothing for about 3 days. then they came again, i dosed again... and felt fine AGAIN.... this cycle has been going on for about 3 or 4 monthes now, the longest time i had sober was about 2 weeks and during that peroid my chills didnt go away what so ever. i dont know if im permenetly like this now cause i messed somthing in my brain up? or if bupe is just in your systom for monthes, and i will continue to feel crappy for monthes???? is somthing else wrong?? every other time i quit opiates i felt fine within 5 days, now i just dobnt feel fine at all unless i have them... can someone help me??
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ive been on suboxone for 19 months and have a lot of good info about it. I also have a success story, my own, to share. However, withdrawals from the suboxone is bad. There are some really good things about it and Ill share all the info i have with you if you want to know. ***@**** just email me and ill answer your questions Later and Good luck!!1
Helpful - 0
K I have no idea about that ....I've read people posting about it and what I gather you have to ween off that too.....I dont have access to it...I live in Canada....which in some degree I think I am grateful for
Helpful - 0
hey by bupe i mean buprenorphine/narcon (Suboxone)
Helpful - 0
Hi!  Im sorry you are having such long term probs.  I really had no idea until I read oxybliss's reply to you that they could last that long.  Did you taper off the Suboxone, are you still taking it some?  Sorry A little confused.  Anyway, Im on the bup now as well, dr prescribed and the w/d are much better.  I only know from what Ive read and what the dr. said, but tapering off the sub is important, as well.  If you do it quickly, I think even better.  I know w/d will be there but should be much less.  at least, i really hope this is true.  DO you have any support system around you?  I really think that's a key ingrediant as well.  I wish you the best!  let me know if I can help, but I think others here are more experienced with long term recovery stuff.  sorry
Helpful - 0
What is bupe?

Have you tried researching it to see what you are taking? Ingrediants and such

I know from experience that even taking a couple of oxy's the wds WILL come back.......I have even only taken like 4 within 2 days and found wds there once again....sometimes bad sometimes not so bad

Take V B 12, Drink green tea, mint tea, camolile tea...
A multi vitamin as well.......I also take a stress releiever....because it helps me out a bit..but its non narcotic....

hope  some of this helps.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.