Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 9....what happened?

I slept relatively well last night (about 8 hours) and this morning woke up feeling worse than I did a week ago.  My stomach is a mess and I have absolutely no energy.  I actually took today off.  I probably could have slept all day, but made myself get up at noon because of fear of not sleeping tonight.  Did anyone else have a step back like this?  
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yup, I had a few setbacks too....your body needs time to heal....it has only been 8 days...while I did start to feel better by day 7...it took me at least two weeks to really feel somewhat like my old self again...give yourself a break and don't worry...you are heading in the right direction....tomorrow is another day and will be better! Try to stay positive about this because the alternative to going back to drugs is by far the  worst choice!

Keep faith in yourself.
Marcie
Helpful - 0
190466 tn?1215884854
I have had several days like that, im on day23 today, i promise you that if you stay strong in your resolve your energy will return and you will regain your freedom. I feel that im still not up to full strenght but everyday i stay clean my life becomes easier manage. I went for a long time out of control and to now be in control of my life is a great feat, something i thought would never be possible. It is true and im looking forward to making 1 month, so can you.Hope and prayers Clay TX           A friend once told me "baby steps"
Helpful - 0
I guess I am feeling just a little discouraged.  Even though my slepp wasn't great, my energy was high and my mind felt clear.  I don't like feeling so......blah.
Helpful - 0
hi schatzie
my stomach went haywire again, day 18 here,, it was ok for 2 days , at day like 13-14 then boom .. so i guess this happens to some people ..lucky us... (sigh)
hang in there ! your doing great .. I'm hoping its a temporary thing again.
Hey construct , just wanted to say thanks, been watching you since ya are a littel ahead of me, it gave/gives me strength.
Mike

Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Hello
  Don't let it get you down.I am on day 8 c/t 60 mg daily.i kept hearing 3 or 4 days and life is a bowl of cherrys.NOT!i personally still have bad days better days then an just ok day.back and fourth.I have decided to start judging myself week by week.i think it is kind of waiting and watching water boil.[ya know?].Keep up the good work.dont lay around.exercise helps me.especially with the depression.i still dont have much of an appetite.i cant afford to loose weight either.remember this is a process not an event ok?Take care and let me and everyone know how you are doing.Peace.Bruce
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.