Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

this forum

I have been reading great information from all kinds of wonderful people on this site. Posted very little, but read all the time. I feel like everyone makes lots of friends,sometimes it becomes clicky. Why would some of you want to start your own forum, after all the help that happens here. Please no more begging folks to go elsewhere, because this is where its at.                

stay sober
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for your post. This IS a good place to be....I think it has helped  many people...I know for sure it has helped me!  It can be cliquey and I have probably been an offender but it feels like you really get to know people that have been here for awhile so you always post to them.....I think everyone really does try to welcome newcomers as much as possible!  We were all newcomers at one time as well and from what I can see we were all welcomed with open arms.  I hope you will stick around too!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
Afternoon, coldplace.  Glad you decided to post.  I too watched for a while and posted later.  I saw the same but you can kinda figure out the compassionate ppl and talk to them.  They really do care and will offer much advice and help.  Best of luck
Helpful - 0
I have been here since late nov.             seen people come and go and come back.  if they want to have friend thing thats one thing, but this forum is about recovery. hope most of you stay
Helpful - 0
18663 tn?1198171815
Cold Place - you are right on target!  The only reason these people are trying to disrupt this forum is to try to drum up members for their new forum.  I don't blame Medhelp for removing their incessant messages that list another website.  If they want to advertise - why don't they just pay for an ad?

Thanks for saying what many of us "lurkers" were feeling.

Jack
Helpful - 0
Welcome to both of you! I would love to know your stories.

Regarding the other forum - If you don't like this forum and if it helps you with your recovery to go elsewhere then great! The goal is, as coldplace mentioned, recovery from addiction.

As Marcie said, it's hard not to become emotionally attached to others here because we all have many of the same struggles! If you make a friend here that's ok. Maybe your new friend can help support you in your recovery.

My approach to recovery is not necessarily yours. I believe, first and foremost, that administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance. I believe that there is no excuse for relapse to the addictive behavior. I believe that it's NOT ok for me to tell someone who's about to jump off a cliff that "It's ok" or "Hey we are only human". I believe that switching from one addiction to another is inferior to recovery by education and support. I believe that we are all capable of STAYING in recovery!

Now, what I believe about what works for me will not necessarily work for others. All I can do is share in my struggles, triumphs, and beliefs, to be viewed as a tiny piece of a body of evidence in the topic of recovery.

Scott
day 30
Helpful - 0
If you feel better because of someone elses issues are worse than yours...DUDE, THAN U have some @#%^&&%% issues BUDDY.

Choo
Helpful - 0
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Oh SHIETE

Choo
Helpful - 0
Dude, whatever

Alittle paranoid as well
Helpful - 0
I find you can be pretty funny, and i know your not trying to be, but  im alot like you, but I cant be that blunt becuse of business, i would loose my shirt!

Chill dude  

Cool

Late

Choo
Helpful - 0
Have you done the research on Life after the board, Im fricken scared to go thru w/d again, so ill stick around

Choo
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.