Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Weaning from the patch today!

Well, met with my dr today. I told him I wanted off the patch and get clean. I've been on some form of narcs since 92. He was very surprised and proud of me wanting to get off this ****. We've started a weaning process and I'll be seeing him weekly. I sure hope this works. I'll keep you posted.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
what kind of patch? i was on duragesic 300mcg for years, im off all narcs now.
Helpful - 0
what kind of patch? i was on duragesic 300mcg for years, im off all narcs now.
Helpful - 0
Hi and welcome! How much are you currently on...there are a few patchers here who can help you better than I....I've never been on a patch and don't know much about them but I do know w/d are pretty intense from other's experience!  Best to you and your taper!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
I've be on the 25mcg every 48 hours.  Next week he said he would give me an Rx that should help with the w/d, when I get it I'll let you guys know. He gave me a few vics to get me through to next week, but I did get off the Duragesic patch today. So I guess I'm really starting next week.
Helpful - 0
i hope your doctor is able to provide a somewhat confortable detox for you. but even with the tappering down you will likey was some withdraw after being on the patch that. one thing that i found was when my doc weaned me down to perks that i was in withdraw and the preks were prolonging my detox. i found it better just to get it over with. this is only my personal experance, dont do anything without talking to doc. good luck
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Hi,

I've been here for quite a while and there were about four "patchers" but some have left. There is still a couple I think. I am on the fentanyl pain patch. I never abused them. I was put on them after several surgeries to remove the bone in my upper left arm due to a malignant tumor in the middle of it. Now it's titanium where the large bone used to be. Neither my family dr. or my surgeon put me on the patch. It says right on the box "do not use for post op pain." A nurse practitioner put me on them when I was in rehab.

My family dr. has been helping me taper. I was on 100 mcg's and I just made taper six days ago and I'm down to 25mcg's. I had some w/d every time a taper was made. I didn't have any trouble going from 100 to 75. Some bad w/d going from 75 to 50. From there I was put on a 25mcg plus a 12mcg. Now I'm on just 25mcg. My dr. keeps my tapers about two-three months apart.

Good Luck and take care...fentanyl is mean...LS
Helpful - 0
I am currently on patch, 25mcg's every 48. Down from about lots more of Fentanyl taken orally with actiq. w/d's were real bad for me, but it's bearable. Good luck, I'll watch your posts. LS, where is bowhunter? Did he leave?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.