Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
177003 tn?1266270355

MISSING

I wasn't on much last night and only for a few minutes today. My last patch taper was last thrusday and I feel worse today than I did yesterday or the day before. I guess I still have a long road to go down. I want to say hello to all that are new, and of  course, a special hi to all the ones I have known for a while.

The forum seems to be running smoothly and I'm going to try to stay here and reply to a few posts. Take Care.....LS
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi LadySundown,

I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you. You helped me through my withdrawal and I hope that I can offer you some support also. You are a valuable member of this forum and I wish you all the best.  Take care and please see the light at the end of the tunnel.

xxx
Helpful - 0
You are an inspiration and an example of tapering really working. You have been so strong and determined and you are nearly there. Hope you will soon feel better.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
I'm CT almost 3 weeks the first week is the hardest and most painful, mentally and physically. I still have some rough afternoons and not much sleep. but I feel so much better mentally and hope the other symptoms will go away soon.
Helpful - 0
TY for the welcome,,1st time here ,,never had a patch, I"m tapering off lortabs. wds,detox, tapering,,nothin good to say about any of em,,lol,,cept what comes next, sanity,life without guilt,,all those things I"ll never take for granted again,,,, male,,50s
Helpful - 0
I know we have never spoken but I have read quite a few of your posts and you are really doing a great job.  The ability to taper in and of itself is quite an accomplishment to me.  When I wasn't prescribed oxycontin, or when they were making me sick, my pain man. doc put me on the patch too.  Back and forth for a while and ended at 75mc every 2 days.  After a few months, I discovered that oxy was my DOC and stuck with it. The patches worked well on the pain.  I don't know which would have been worse ending an addiction to oxycontin or the patches.  From what you have written the patches are hell.  Not that this is easy... I wish you the best in your continued taper.  Your gonna do it! what an accomplishment
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Hi,

I wear the patch and the fentanly goes in through my skin. You take the pills and they are taken orally. We both get the same opiates, just by different means. Yes, my w/d is hard, but I don't think anyone's is easy. We all go through hell and if we're lucky the devil lets us go and we live life with a passion we never had before because we almost lost it. I think this is true of every addict.
Thanks for your post and keep posting please....LS
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Just stick with us. Sometimes we cry and sometimes we laugh but I think we always fight our addictions. Sometimes we fall and have to get up and start all over again. We're here for those people, also, as many of us have done the same thing.
Nice to know you.....LS
Helpful - 0
" live life with a passion " after drugs,,yer right,,I know alota people like that,,and not long,,,us to
Helpful - 0
couldn't agree with you more LS...  I think the passion comes from the renewed strength in yourself.  Accomplishments build character .. cant argue with that.  self esteem can build you up or knock u down depending on which side ur on.      zgzg.  I think as addicts we spend so much of our time on the down side that even the thought of having a passion for life is unbelievable.  However, once youve looked the demon in the face and taken control back, self esteem can't help but to build and passion too.  I know I have a growing passion for living my life and sharing it clean with my kids and husband.  take care.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.