Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Methadone and Imovane

I have problems sleeping but I am on Methadone for a prior problem.  I am almost done my program, I am at 1mg every other day!  1 day 1mg and 1 day nothing.  

My doctor today gave me 7.5mg IMOVANE for sleep.  This doctor does not know about my methadone.   Is it save for me to take this.

I beleive it is because of my low dose of Methadone.

11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
691190 tn?1227526402
I<m on 120ml n my pharmacy said it was safe but for some reason I,m nervous to mix them.. I,m on trazadone but it takes forver to fall assleep it relaxes my nerves..but I wanna try my imovane but I,m scared any info weould help..
Helpful - 0
I always read what you write.  You are very smart.  R U in the medical field.  BTW, your also doing well with you taper.  Keep up the good work.
Helpful - 0
wow  surfboarding.  I think you make a wonderful point.  Filling the void is as important.  Have a great night, j.  I hope tomorrow is another great day for you.  Ready for a lil sleep now, I hope.  I look forward to talking with you again soon.  It looks like we keep the same hours.
Helpful - 0
I really don't know but I would check it out before deciding.  I know you really can't get a doc at this hour, but there are some websites that will tell you if meds. conteract.  Maybe drugs.com.  sorry, can't remember, but you could google interacting meds.  good luck with your cut down.  Sounds like your doing great.  take care and be careful!!
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
hi.1mg everyother day.u hav done brilllantly,well done.imovane shouldnt cause any undue interactions with yr current mdone dose so im sure ull b fine.u are probably aware that altho imovane isnt a true benzo it does tickle the same GABBA receptors as benzos and is just as addictiue with the same wd symptoms.having said that if u only intend on using it short term theres no problem.
regards J
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
i hear what yr saying regarding that sense of loss.drugs hav been such a big part of our lives its not suprising we feel a void when theyre gone.its great u hav the support and example of yr hubby to help u.i think yr plan is great.what i want to do is try and find a healthy alternative to fill the void drugs filled.i recently bought a surfboard and hav been trying to learn 2  surf.we have great skiing here and with winter comming i wanna start skiing again.yr progress inspires me 2 b a better man.regardsJ
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Just saying hello since I won't be here much longer tonight. My w/d decided to get real nasty. It's good to see you helping people. I hate being addicted to the fentanyl, but addicts helped me come a long way in getting off of them. WTG!!
Hugs....LS
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
hi,thanks 4 yr kind words.i read yr on suboxone.hows that working?.when i get down to 30mgs of mdone i plan 2 transfer and complete my taper using sub.im interested 2 hear ne advice u may hav.are u currently on a maintanence dose or are you tapering.no,im no medical pro just read a lot(probably 2 much)about drugs.hope yr going strong.
regards J
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
hi.im sorry 2 hear yr having such a rough time.u really are doing great tho.i read yr posT yestrday too.hang in there.fentanyl analogues hav notoriously severe wds.take care of yrself.yr support is important 2 me and i sincerely hope things improve 4 u soon.those reductions u make,i know u have no choice with the patches,are mammoth so im not suprised u are hurting.i think u  rock LS.stay strong
regards J
Helpful - 0
If you don't want to confide in your doctor call the any pharmacy and ask the pharmacist. He may also be able to give you the name of a reputable and informative website that has that type of info.

Melatonin helps with sleep and is natural remedy, but again, not sure about the interaction. Nyquil helps too.

good luck
Helpful - 0
still going strong, but only on day 3.  We just started on Monday, me and my husband.  It really is amazing - the clarity and realizations of what we had just done (for over a yr.)  Suboxone is a lifesaver and family saver for me.  I couldn't hack the w/d and would fall back into it quickly.  I really have felt good since taking this.  Good = a little nauseated the 1st night, a little tired but better today.  My hubby is doing better.  Felt great since and is only taking 1/2 in the am and 1/2 in the pm.  Im on 3, 8mg a day right now.  Was on 500mg. crushed oc.  However, Since this is day 3, tomorrow I will go back down to 2.  Hopefully by next week I will be where hubby is.  That's my goal.  Don't want to change one for the other.  that would suck and I know others have had that problem.  I'll tell you though, I do think about it.  Not really a desire to do it, more like a lost friend or really sad movie.  strange -  depression, I guess.  But on the flip side, we have made plans (something we hadn't done in a while) to fix all of our ****ups along the way.  Started to make a list today.  Hard!!  anyway, I know you've done great so far and I hope either way you taper, you have total success with it.  I know you will.  I'm sure you've read alot about the sub.  do you have any suggestions for me?  thanks for responding.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.