Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

does everyone find tapering harder

Alls I can think about while tapering is when is my next pill. It's awful. Tomorrow is my sons second birthday and I totally can't even think about that. I just sit and watch the clock and wait. I hate this. Maybe should've went ct instead.
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I perfer to tapper, I felt I had a little bit more control over my emotoins....Cold Turkey has been full of rage for me....

Helpful - 0
I have tried tapering many times and it just has not worked for me. As long as I can get my hands on percs I cannot be trusted. I am sick of hearing about willpower from my boyfriend. I don't even like to say I'l only do this amount of pills today b/c then when I mess up it's a big fight. I know many other people have successfully done it, but it just has not worked for me.
Helpful - 0
Tapering is very hard, the clock becomes your obsession I totally get where you are coming from. I can tell you that it won't change. You will continue to watch the clock and that is fine when you finally take that last one and you get through day 4 you will be amazed at how you are finally counting days and not minutes. For me this board became my next obsession but better that than pills. How are you doing on your taper, how many a day from how many (if that makes sense) When are you planning on taking your last dose?
Helpful - 0
I was taking 10-14 norco a day and tapered down to 6 a day then 3 a day and finally taking 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night.  Now, although I feel a little sluggish, I do not have those flu like symptoms anymore.  For me, tapering worked but you need to be able to be disciplined.
Helpful - 0
I tried ct on sunday but found it very difficult and had to deal with 4 kids so I decided to taper instead. Now I am mad at myself because this would have benn day 4 for me and I had the week off from work. Perfect oppurtunity. I don't take alot and it isn't even a drug that is supposed to be highly addictive  so some of you may think I am whimpy but I have been taking for a long time. Ultram for 11 years. I have tried ct many times over the years and has worked but I have always gone back. Now trying tapering and not sure if it is going well or if I am doing it right.
Helpful - 0
I have heard many times that it is very hard to get off of Ultram and because the doc's don't believe it is addictive they aren't even willing to help. They say it is mental but from what I have heard it is very physical also. Hang in there; others here are trying to get off of Ultram maybe you could post for some advice.
Helpful - 0
I wish the Dr' s knew what I know. I liked it from the first pill, even more than Vicodin or lorcet. It is so hard.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Tapering is highly recomended with Ultram/Tramodol  this particular opiate also plays with your serotonin levels.. stopping abruptly can cause seizures. You will probably have some withdrawl symptoms that other opiate addicts do not.. like brain zapping feeling ,massive headaches... symptoms of the serotonin withdrawl.
Helpful - 0
Tapering is good for me because you get little successes and they make you feel good about yourself eventually from past experience you start to feel better you still get withdrawl but its tolerable and if you slip up you just continue with the taper .  when you have some one to take care of its very hard to go it ct.  good luck remember inch by inch life is a cinch yard by yard its way to hard.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Hey what happened last night??? some of your posts dissappeared... were you ok?? you sound better today.. I little more clear..
Helpful - 0
some of my posts were a little rude so they took them off.  I'm toning it down alittle I had no right to be so stupid because I'm not really a bad person just  acting like a jerk so no more of that silliness.  the med form doesn't dig the negativity and I don't blame them  I just wanted some attention just like a little kid.  I need to change a few things about myself.  thanks for asking.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You just sounded a little all over the place last night which i thought was odd. Glad you are doing better and trying to have a positive day...

PS they probably had to put so many ****** in your posts that they just deleted them...HE HE
Helpful - 0
I was in the zone last night yuck I visit misery but I don't live there all the time thanks again for noticing have a great day.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.