Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

CATUF

I read one of your comments to a post last night and I was wondering if you could help me.  You asked the person where he was from so you could maybe suggest a good recovery place.  I live in Florida and I am addicted to oxys...and each day I get worse and worse.  I know I can't do this on my own and I need to check into rehab.  I don't have insurance so I am not sure how that would all work.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
52704 tn?1387020797
I did some quick checking and it seems that Florida has various state-run medical detox facilities and rehabs all over the state.  I spoke to a guy at Recovery Connection in Ft. LD (800-993-3869) who said you should call 850-487-2920.  Apparently the folks at that number will direct you to various facilities in different areas.  He advised that that you need to be prepared to call more than a few, as demand for the free facilities is high.

I have a friend here in WV, with about 15 years of solid Recovery, who has a brother who runs a very low cost rehab somewhere near the Gulf Coast of Mississippi.  I put a call into him for details.

There are LOTS of the private facilities, but as you no doubt know they don't come cheap.
Helpful - 0
Thank you for taking the time to do that.  :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.