Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

suboxone therapy good vs. evil

I have alot of good info on suboxone therapy. Ive been clean for 19 months with it and will be happy to share my knowledge with those who may need it. Opiate withdrawal is pure hell and in some places its very hard to find a doc who can write this rx. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions. Im not a Dr but Ive traveled the road to recovery and just have alot of good info on suboxone.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
271792 tn?1334979657
Hi,

This post is over two and a half years old. You would get better advise if you created your own post. Please go to the top of this page and hit the green "post a question" button. Follow the instructions.

Hope to see you in the forum.
Helpful - 0
My son has been on suboxone for 5 months.  He is taking 16mg a day, 8mg twice daily.  I have noticed that lately he has been missing a dose occasionally.  I think he just forgets about it or is not at home when it is time to take it.  He doesn't seem to have any ill effects from these missed doses.  Could this mean that his need for opiate replacement is decreasing?

Mom7
Helpful - 0
Sorry for the disjointed post... You would not know it, but I am a writer.... Just a writer that can not put two words together at the moment. haha
Helpful - 0
Hey Jas!

Thanks for offering your help! I have an appt. Tues for Suboxone and I really only want to stay on it for a month at the most. I would like to know everything that you know about it. You can post here or my e-mail at ***@****. I am e-mailing w/ another girl on this board who also has many questions about suboxone and I can forward the info to her.

EVERYTHING  you can tell me will be helpful to both of us. Thanx again for the offer of help.
Helpful - 0
Does it really help with cravings.... thats the part for me. I find just to much to resist even after a month clean. I have always gone back. I'm just so tired of being sick all the time when I can't get any. I really need to stay clean this time, I've lost too much already. We all have...

Thanks for your help!
Helpful - 0
I started suboxone on Monday and find that it really helps with w/d and cravings.  I feel really good.  Really NORMAL...  Im not sure when we will begin to really taper (per dr.) but we plan it to be quick.  Tell me all you know.  Curious if I missed something.  Im on day 4 now and will be going from 3 to 2   8mg. tablets.  My husband is on only 1 tablet a day.  we'll make it.
thanks.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
It is used for replacement therapy for opiate addiction..  
Helpful - 0
What exactly is suboxone?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.