Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Marce :0)

I just wanted to say that you are one of the truly kindest hearted person I have ever seen post. You are the first to welcome someone, you always give the positive and encourage. It is so obvious you are a nurse and if you did not reveal that on this board, I would have guessed it immediately. If I have to have surgery, I pray that I have a nurse with your compassion and empathy.

I admire your strength and resolve to get off the pills. You really are an inspiration to all.

Please mail my check to: :0)
Peace to you,
M
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey girl....Thank you so much for the kindest words anyone could have said to me!!!!! I needed that! (Even thought after I got pissed off i feel like a total *****!) Oh well, I'm human I guess!

How are you feeling today....what's your plan/progress?  I think you've been here a long as I have and you too have been very kind and helpful!  This is our addiction now..at least it's a lot more healthy and productive than the other....right??

Thanks again Mariyah, you 've definately made my day better!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
I believe we have been here the same amount of time!! You were the first to welcome me and I was going through terrible w/d's.  I am trying to really cut down and have been in a lot of pain the last few days. I had an MRI on Tues and saw the report today. It seems like the MRI picked up a 5mm cyst or hemangioma from my upper pole of right kidney and arising from right lobe of liver. Whatever that means, LOL. I also had some hip e-xrays taken.My doctor told my husband he was going to call me tomorrow. I do have tears and bulging discs in my spine and squashed discs.

I am trying to really cut down on pain pills and try to take only when needed. I really hope to be where you are in a few months. The outcome depends on all this medical hoopla.

Congrats to you!!  You are doing so super girl!! Keep on being an inspiration to us all.
Aways,
M
Helpful - 0
Is that causing you pain (the cyst/hemangioma) in addiction to your back pain?  Girl, you are up against a lot!  My only issue is the 2 herniated discs and they cause a lot of pain and literally a pain in my ass!!!LOL..It goes from there down my right leg!  Pain sucks but being addicted to pain pills sucks even more! I guess I'm stuck with Ibuprofen/Yoga and my hot tub(best investment we ever made!) I don't know where your pain is or how severe but I do know my pain was worse in w/d but better when I started feeling like myself again.  I think a lot was a way for me to justify taking more pain meds than I needed! That is not meant to minimize what you are going through, I am not in your shoes and it sounds like you have much more medically to deal with than I!
Helpful - 0
I am beginning to wonder if the pain is from the kidney. I have always had back issues and it has become progessivly worse. I get back pain radiating across and down my right leg. The hip pain is what has really been hurting me lately. I have really tried to cut back on the pain pills. I have to take heed and start to use other means for relieving the pain. I do take them to prevent any pain and that is just an excuse for my drug use. :0) I just know that I will have surgery in the next two weeks and if I don't stop taking them, I will be in agony because of my tolerance. I have to really start weighing my options here and make a good choice.
Peaceful wishes coming your way,
M
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.