Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

to mistake re. suboxone

i just read your post from yesterday. suboxone is pretty simple. but im not a doc. i would listen to your doc about it ultamatly. but ill tell you how it worked for me. i started at 24 mg. for the first week till i became pretty stable at that dose. it wasnt all fun and game, i felt some minor wd the first couple days, plus the mental aspect of not being high anymore. after the first week of becoming stable, i was able to tapper my dose every three or four days by a thrid, without any repercusions.ended up to be about a six week tapper. suboxone  is a much easier taper than any opaite. it works in a different way than regular opaites. i can explain that to if you want just ask. suboxone works very well for the physical withdraws, but you still get the depression and though the cravings are crubed it dosent mean you wont have any. at close to three monthes i still have some but i know i dont want to go back to that hell.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Is really good to see some people are actually trying and suceeding in staying clean.... As far as the meds go, my concerns are that they re so expensive... Some people are not so lucky to have insurance.. what person that is addicted has insurance??? maybe some but out of 100% you will see most are not insured. My best friend is trying to get clean and she call some doctors and they want a arm and a leg which is crazy. It makes me really sad that some can get the help and not others.
Helpful - 0
i started Mon. on 2 8's a day and am now up to 3.  I believe I am pretty stable here.  Like you, I had some w/d feelings, though nothing bad or unbearable which for the normal person - probably none.  Anyway, the emotional is still there if you lean that way.  Still miss it, the process I mean, if that makes sense, though I don't miss the high.  My hus. is now taking 2 8s a day and doing well with that.  No problem with the emotional - never has.  Anyway, I hope to start a small taper on Monday and go from there.  That's when we go back to the doc for re-check and rx.  take care , matt and thanks.
Helpful - 0
what dose of suboxone are you on?
Helpful - 0
i started Mon. on 2 8's a day and am now up to 3.  I believe I am pretty stable here.  Like you, I had some w/d feelings, though nothing bad or unbearable which for the normal person - probably none.  Anyway, the emotional is still there if you lean that way.  Still miss it, the process I mean, if that makes sense, though I don't miss the high.  My hus. is now taking 2 8s a day and doing well with that.  No problem with the emotional - never has.  Anyway, I hope to start a small taper on Monday and go from there.  That's when we go back to the doc for re-check and rx.  take care , matt and thanks.
Helpful - 0
i have read so many things, just don't know which to rely on.  I know it will be different for each person, but I would really like, obviously, for the w/d to be less with this.  Didn't handle the other well at all.  I hope things are going well for you.  Three months is AWESOME.  Please keep up the good work and keep posting., You will be an inspiration to many.

thanks again.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.