Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

question to ALL

I have been posting for several weeks and reading for a couple of months.  I have had a hard time keeping track of where everyone is in their journey/battle for recovery.  So how many days are you or when do you plan on stopping/tapering/etc???
Just curious!!!
I am stopping next Thursday.  I told my family two days ago and they are being very supportive.  I am addicted to hydrocode and oxycontin and have been for over a year.  I am ready to stop.  It has totally wrecked my life and I am not the same person anymore.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Wow, thanks for the response from all!  That helps me sort out some of the who is dealing with what.  But I guess in the end we are all here for the same reason.
Helpful - 0
welcome, I posted above. (mY story)  Welcome to all.  It is sooo good to hear from everyone again.  Bless you guys, I was about to die if you weren't all here when I got back!!

Peace~
Helpful - 0
I went c/t for 30 + days found that it was to much for my body and mind to handle. Doctor put me back on meds. but a lot lower dose. He gave me break through meds. also I now have not had to take any for over a day. From were I started I'm down 3/4ths of total opiates. soon hope to taper more if all is well with my hip prosthesis test this comming week will tell all I hope!!!

the rock!!!
Helpful - 0
my name is matt, i just found this forum, and started posting yesterday. im a heroin addict but i got clean in 2004, and stay clean over a year, till i fell15 feet and was injured pretty bad. i didnt use heroin, but was started on fentanyl patches, quickly work my way up to the 300mcg dose and cotinued by abusing and using way more than prescribed. finaly i got sick and tired of be being sick and tired. always running out of my rx and being sick. so jan. 2 i went onto suboxone for 6 weeks and have been clean ever since. somedays have been hard others better. im so glad i fund this forum because its been really helpful and enjoyable talkin to others.
Helpful - 0
This is my 7th day of cold turkey. I was taking 1/2 to 1 1/2 pills  a day for 3 years. Not a lot - but enough to cause serious addiction. My mind and brain just feel good right now. I feel like I did when I was 15, pre-any drugs. If everyday ahead of me was as easy as it is today, it will be smooth sailing.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I am on fentanyl pain patches, also. In 2005 I had four surgeries to remove the large bone in my upper arm because I had a malignant tumor in the middle of it. I didn't have to have chemo or radiation because the tumor was removed completely and the whole bone to make sure. I have had my first cancer check up and there is no sign of any. I don't get checked again for a year.

I was in rehab for several months and a nurse practitioner slapped the patches on me. It says right on the box not to use for post op pain. There are people who need them. People suffering from chronic pain. I have no pain. My family dr. has helped me taper and I have gone from 100 mcg's when I started them, down to 75, then to 50, bad w/d here so next taper was a 25mcg patch plus a 12mcg. I just tapered last thursday to just a 25mcg patch. The taper was slow and it's not over yet. I don't need anything for pain though.

You were on 300mcg's?? wow!! You had some serious pain. I am afraid of the fentanyl patches. After researching them here on the web, I'm even more afraid. I hope to be off of them by summer.

There are a few of us :"patchers" here and they will be glad to meet you, too.
Please take care and keep posting......hugs....LS
Helpful - 0
With a few attempts only to have to pick myself up again
I am on Day 4...I think...or 3...Im so easliy confused...
Ive tapered...and it didnt work much..I needed help only to find the person helping me...giving in and giving me one or two when I asked for htem..it wasnt even like I needed an excuse..
I dont like c.t...but its the way it has to be...Im doing much better than most times I've tried to quit but since I have...I have changed how I eat...How much I exercise, I take vitamins, drink alot of teas and just take care of me in ways I havent in a really long time...

So....Im alright..other than the emotional roller coaster......
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.