Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Restless Leg Syndrome

When I tell people I have Restless Leg Syndrome they look at me like im crazy. I was taking the pills just to relieve the aches. What is the connection between RLS and vicodin addicts? I thought I was the only one. Do addicts have a lower threshold for pain? Does our body make our legs hurt so we can keep the addiction alive? Does addiction lead to RLS?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Restless syndrome I was told by doctor is very common in people who are anemic (iron difficiency) just thought I would let u know cuz I am 7 months pregnant and I have dealt with rls for about a year I don't use vics so I knew it wasn't just that .....
Helpful - 0
glad 2 have u mccoy!!!  stick around, more fun later!  ask all u want - everyone here is very helpful!  sorry all lowercase letters, holding the baby & cant hit shift.  take care
Helpful - 0
Yes, both your comments have helped. Thank You so much. For years I was convinced I had RLS and I never made the connection that it was the same time I started taking Vicodin. I would be at my desk for several hours and my legs would just start to ache terribly and I would take 1/2 of Vic twice a day because it was intolerable. Wow... I never put the 2 together... I mean only when I was achy I would take some vic - I didn't know that my body was just craving the drug.... Thank you thank you thank you.....
I just found this board today and I am so glad to be here...   :)
Helpful - 0
im no expert but i think we have rls symptoms during w/d, i dont think they stick around after.  anyone else know more??????  Anyway, thats what i think.  i do however believe that our mind tricks us into believing we are in more pain than we actually are, so end result, more pills.  As far as pain threshold.  i know mine is low but dont know if its true across the board.  hope it helps.  good luck.
Helpful - 0
thank you again
;)
Helpful - 0
Try restful leg you can get it at your local drugstore, Working pretty good for me. Just so you know my grandmother was diagnosed with rls and was given VICODIN
Helpful - 0
I don't know as much as others may, you should wait or repost if you don't get answers.  I have experienced the RLS when I have gone through withdraw from vics.  It is distracting and hard to get to sleep.  It seems like I stretch and walk and walk and walk,,,that is all I can say that helped me, exhausting my legs so they were really worked out.  There are some meds.  Hang on and someone may have information that is useful for you.  Good Luck to you!
Peace~
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.