Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Therapy

My head is pounding and I am hurting. I am going to sign off for the night. I just wanted to leave you with something I was told in therapy. The therapist was telling everyone how his little puppy was getting into all kinds of mischief. He came home one day and found his puppy with a shoe in his mouth and the house a total wreck. He said he was so angry and when he looked at this puppy with the sock in his mouth, he burst out laughing. He told us that we should treat ourselves like we would a naughty puppy and not get angry. So tonight, treat yourself like YOU are that little innocent pup. You know you would treat a pup so much better than you treat yourself. Please give yourself a break and have a peaceful night.
Always,
M

PS if this didn't make sense....oh well, it made sense to me :0)
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Cuddle up and sleep well tonight!   We'll talk over the weekend.  
Helpful - 0
Cuddle up and sleep well tonight!   We'll talk over the weekend.  
Helpful - 0
I mess up the house, but my wife has trained me not to piddle on the rug. :-)
Helpful - 0
You really have come into your own....you seem so much more confident and see you post a lot more than you used to! I'm so glad 'cause you always have good things to say to everyone!  

You are right...we do treat animals better than we do some of the people that we love and ourselves! We really do need to love and nurture ourselves and the people we care about!  

ARF!!!ARF!!!!! LOL

Hope your head feels better and that you have a peaceful night!
I'm getting off for the night too....very long day at work!
Marcie

Helpful - 0
Nite marce... Hey sleep well, and take good care of yourself.  You work so hard.  We'll talk over the weekend.

Peace~   missed ya
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.