Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Feeling down...

I have been trying to keep myself so busy the last few days and try to keep so damn positive, but it's starting to cave, usually happens this time at night. If I had pills I would be popping them right now. The scary thing is that I have a bottle of 90 percs waiting for me on Weds.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
what are you planning on doing when wednesday comes???
Helpful - 0
my plan was to give them to my mother and have her give me halfs until i can get to see the doc to put me on ultram, which does nothing for me but take away my physical pain. but part of me wants to keep them so moments like this but then i would end up right back where i started.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Good plan to give mom the pills. maybe she should pick em up for you too.. so you can't stick your hand in the cookie jar..
Your doc did tell you that ultram is also addicting.. it is a narcotic as well. Well the ingredient Tramadol that is in it is a narcotic. Are you ready to go to another narcotic?? Do you feel you will be less likey to abuse the Ultram? I know you have physical pain so I know you need something.. are there any other options your doc has discussed?
Helpful - 0
Actually I have taken ultram before and cannot believe that people get hooked on it. It takes away my pain at night so I can sleep. I really don't know what else is out there?
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I don't know what is out there either.. that kinda why i was asking.. I have heard a good many folks say they don't know how people get addicted to ultram... I took it for a few days after surgery and almost had a seizure... it does not like to be taken if you are on certain kinds of anti depressants... it raises your serotonin levels and can cause all kinds of problems... my doc claimed to not know this.. he was apologetic. and put me back on vicodin. If it helps you and you feel you can't abuse it then I really hope it works for you.. I  hate to see people suffer with chronic pain..
Helpful - 0
If you don't like the feeling you get from Ultram, I guess it can't hurt to take them, and they do work extremely well for pain, but I would just like to warn you all the same, I and several others on this forum are addicted to Ultram, and I am finding it very hard to quit.With all other opiates what happens is that the pain killing effect (even if you don't get a "high" or however you would describe the feeling) will decrease over time and you will have to take more and more to get the desired effect. I guess that is how many of us ended up in this situation. I really wish I was never prescribed Ultram in the first place.

On the other hand I do see the problem when you have chronic pain and for you it may be the lesser of two evils.
Good luck.
Minnie

Helpful - 0
Really make sure that you have to take the Ultram (tramadol) because I started taking them to take the place of the Vicodin 11 years ago that I was already addicted to . I went to the Dr and told him not to give me narcotics and at the time Ultram was still new. It took the place of the vicodin for me because it has the same affect on the brain. Just be careful from someone that knows.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.