Aa
A
A
A
Close

Suggestions...maybe this will be a bit more clear lol

I loves ya all....I hope you know that

alright...Suggestions..

Books that are uplifting and fill you up ...
Postive things you tell yourself to get thru the day..
Music you listen to...that helps you feel good...
Animals, kids,

What do you read....online...

Jokes...what kind...

This is what I meant when I posted the other thread....I guess I just cant explain myself lol

What things do you do in your day...that help you feel good...even the ones that are isolated like me...

lol Just tips...Just words of wisdom...That help others and yourselves that take you out of that slump....

11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
186166 tn?1385259382
there is NOTHING that i like better than being outside in my backyard...whether i am hard at work or just sitting back admiring the fruits of my labor...FLOWERS...I LOVE FLOWERS...gardening...watching something grow from a little bud into something that my eyes cannot soak up enough of....flower pots everywhere...filling my porch and patio...color, beautiful color.  THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY!
Helpful - 0
I love the Beatles White Album....that is a pick-me-up for me....also Red Hot Chili Peppers or Citizen Cope!  Is that what you're looking for!

I also love to look at old photo  albums (I WAS young and pretty!) Love to look at baby pics of my kids and really old pictures of when my sister and I were babies. Really takes my mind off everything else that is bothering me!

Solitaire on the computer is a good one too!  I could play that for hours!  

This forum, obviously! (I should be studying now but am here instead!)

Now I really do have to go...hope that is what you were looking for Oxy!!!!

Have you heard from Creek????? She off line again?

Talk to ya later!
Marcie
Helpful - 0
yes,
Thats what Im looking for....lol after all that lol discussion....wow....the energy lol

Anyways, about creek, no...I havent seen or heard from her today, I sent her an email this morning....I do hope shes alright...

Keep you posted

and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE THE BEATLES.....I want all BEATLES for my birthday....NO, not real beetles.....lol I saw this wikked picture at the movie store close to home....gosh I want it...I'm going to get it for myself for my birthday...providing its still there..and...I wasnt even born in that time...lol but I was being born when they were famous....my mom's musta listened to alot of beatles...lol been singin to them since I was a old enough to sing lol
Helpful - 0
Just wanted to say HI!!!!! Hope you are having a good day today!  I know you can relate and this isn't even close to what you are going through but I had my first brush with a 15yr old and drinking this past weekend!  The fun begins! I told Beach that I feel hypocritical for grounding him...who's gonna ground me!  I think I have punished myself enough, I just don't want him to be like me and i hope he still has enough respect and to learn  from my experience!

Take care Kim.
Marcie
Helpful - 0
being around and riding horses creating things with my hands ie using my skills metalsmithing being patient with my kids and really listening to what they say kids say the funniest things. dogs I want one again so bad used to have two big ones but they died of old age rosie and georgie.  getting a dog is always rewarding except I don't miss the poo.  anyway s  a good book is  the seat of the soul we are so much more then pur bodies and personality happiness comes from within I've felt it  but it comes and goes.  I really feel peace when I'm riding a horse.  I think they are so beautiful. I'd like to get a horse probly smoked a few horses by now with all the money wasted oh well doesn't mean that can't change  change is great too going somewhere new that helps me.
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
The Spirituality of Imperfection, by Ernest Kurtz and Katherine Ketcham.

Through a series of brief stories Kurtz and Ketcham present spirituality within the context of addiction recovery, especially with regard to personal hurts and healings. "Spirituality begins with the acceptance that our fractured being, our imperfection, simply is."

This is a REALLY good Recovery book that doesn't focus on anything that, at first blush anyway, even seems remotely connected to addiction or Recovery.  However, the further I get into Recovery, the more I think (and say) "it's ALL Recovery."  I find Recovery stories and lessons in most everything an everyone.

This is one of my favorite books and a dear friend (who just hit 24 years and who, btw, gave it to me) touts it as his all time single favorite book in the universe.
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
i think your life experiences are enough to help you guide him on the right path...don't ever feel like you cannot confront him because of your addiction... it is because of this that you will be able to help him better.  you are on a good path yourself now and i am sure he will be too.  there will always be "little tests" for him along the way...just as it was for us... and he will probably fail a few more (lol).  hopefully he will pass alot more than he fails and learn from his mistakes.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Now this is more like it..

I think you took my 'complaining of my pain' as the way of my mood...Which isnt the case...I just cant explain myself sometimes...

Anyways, this is AWESOME...I wanted to have this posted so we can all reflect about what we do...What helps us thru the days..good, bad or indifferent......

I think its great to give new people, and old ones ideas of what we can all try...if given oppurnity..

I LOVE riding horses too, I lost mine many years ago nad never again got another one........however, Im always so close to go and ride..which is always nice...

Thanks folks, and keep them coming.....lol Im writing down the suggestions.....cuz it helps...me atleast..and Im sure so many others when theyu are in a 'tough spot'....
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
Hello Oxy
I know where you are coming from.{i think}.I have a problem with depression since  i have been trying to get clean.I have a real tough time finding interest in things.I'm one of those people that has a different hobby every week.I also am an alcoholic.so i am trying not to drink also.everything i used to do always had alcohol or pills involved in it.i still cant imagine fishing without a beer in my hand.I once checked myself into AA because i was drinking my life away and had recently lost my son to alcohol.it had some positive effects on me.but too hard core also.i grabed what i could and split.The one thing that sticks in my head is you have to relearn how to enjoy life without being under the influence.[Haaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrdddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]I dont know what that is like since i have been drinking and partying since i was 16 and now im 42.hard to teach an old dog new tricks for sure.I know recovering alcoholics and adicts who have a new life and seem happy but most of them are so spiritual also.dont get me wrong i believe in God but...............you know[i hope].i was also told you have to change your playpen and your playmates.Well that is hard for me since my wife is a daily drinker and still grieving over our son.I dont know if i made any sense but my head is fuc-ed up too.I did adopt a cat last week and he makes me smile once in a while. He dont party!LOL.Sorry to ramble.I hope you figure some things out and can give me some pointers and me you.Thanx for listening.
                         Bruce
Helpful - 0
Creek said yesterday that she had to go to court...something to do with her ex.  So that is probably what she is tied up with.  She said she was going this morning.  I miss her though!!!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
when it is late at night and i can't sleep.. I go on imbd.com  type in some of your favorite movies.. there are tons of facts, trivia, goofs, stuff you never would have noticed.. there is also message boards I skim them from time to time.. those people are nuts..and mean.. also some of them are just plain stupid.. it gives me a laugh...
Also I read... ALOT.. I will read fashion mags cover to cover... I read lots of books all kinds.. I am into "dark" stuff as far as books.. stuff like Bret Easton Ellis, but i also like girly stuff... Can you tell I am a libra???
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.