Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

wanting information on withdrawl from methadone cold turkey

hello there,
i am new to this forum and hoping to gain insight and info about withdrawl and how bad it really is. I am so scared of going through the physical side of this.  I have been taking methadone for a few years. i started with vicodin and percocet and then after my tolerance grew i started taking methadone. I vary from taking anywhere from 100-200 mgs. a day.the past week i have taken about 20-100 mgs. a day. i have ran out and not getting more. I have a family and great friends. I dont want to have to put drugs into my body just  to feel normal.  this is a decision i am commited to, but so dang scared of what im in for! I would really appreciate any advice, or words of wisdom! thank-you
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hello there!i am just thinkin of you and wonderin how its goin for you?  i just wanted to say i hope your ok, i know you have had a hard time these past few days.  me too!  well, i just wanted to let you know that im wishin u well!  thank you for helping me on my first day here!
Helpful - 0
I am not going to lie I am a bit uncomfortable but I am still in the first phases. I make sure that every second I get I come onto this forum and read what other people are going through that are in the same boat as me. Unfortunately misery loves company but also there are people here that have been through the same symptoms so you can ask if they are normal and you can find out when all will start to be better. I am not sure about methadone wd's and maybe you should consult your dr so that you can taper safely....but you are headed in the right direction and I would be happy to help you and watch you succeed....Good Luck,
                             Michelle
Helpful - 0
thank you guys so much!  I really needed a kind word!  congrats on your eigth day! wow!  You should be proud!  How r u feeling? I hope yr alright, though it sound as if u r doing well, considering.  I am so emotional right now, and your words bring me joy.  I am soo scared!  You hit the nail on the head with that one!  Anyway, i wanted to thank those who responded! I appreciate your empathy!
Helpful - 0
You have come to the right place keep posting and reading. I have been tapering for 8 days and I couldn't have done it without the kind hearted souls you will find here. There is always someone willing to reach out because they know how it feels to be scared and alone and going through the discomfort of wd's. You have made the first step and should be proud...now take it a day at a time and you will be fine....welcome
Helpful - 0
Hello there again, today for me was a difficult day, but i just want to let everyone know that the support i recieved today on this site has helped me get through the day!  It is so nice to know that there are many out there going through the same thing and understand how hard it is!  If i can be there for any one of you i always have an ear to listen with, and a mind without judgement.  I would be happy to help any of you through a hard day!  I wish everyone a good sleep tonite-and god bless!
Helpful - 0
185545 tn?1331074866
i wouldnt willingly ct off methadone but it sounds like u dont hav a choice.bc yr using is all over the place its hard to gauge where yr true tolerance level is.how long u been using mdone will b an important factor wen trying to calculate wd severity.id say from experience that u r in for a hard time.talk to a compassionate doc who may rx u something to ease the wds.good luck m8y.
regards J
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.