Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

To Lizzie lou

I received this email from texrebecca she wanted my to forward it to you...
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
Hey, I just read Lizzielou's posting.  I can't post there anymore, but I need you to copy and paste this for me in a return posting to her!  Tell her it is from TexReb. and let her know that I can't post, so I was going through you! Thanks!

LizzieLou,  I know that you are so scared right now.  When my little boy was three yrs old, he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  He had swollen Lymph nodes all over him as well, and we though he had a really bad tooth infection, because the one under his neck was the size of a lemon.  We found out he was in stage three, and had tumors in his neck, under his armpits, and in his groin, and surrounding his appendix.  It was all I could do, not to die!  He is a very strong child, he went through 1.5 years of hell.  He could n't swim during the summer because of his chemo port, and he is still, skinny as a rail.  But, I never realized that his illness did a few things for me:
#1- I learned about him, we grew so close, and we still are best friends to this day, he is 9 now.  He sure does love his mommy!
#2- Realized how thankful I was that he got Hodgkin's lymphoma, and not something else!  You see, lymphoma is the most curable cancer that there is!  Even if it is caught in stage four, there is a 98% cure rate.  Then nurse grabbed my face and said, your baby is very sick, but he will NOT DIE FROM THIS!!!  You have to be strong for him!!
#3- I realized that there WAS a God, and he was in control.  He had a plan greater than I knew of, and he was not revealing it to me right then, but only he knew why he gave this illness to my son.
Now, I speak to other parents who have this horrible disease strike their families.  That was his plan.  Those families had no one to turn to that knew what they were going through, and they were terrified.  I would like to think I helped alot, because it sure did help ME, to help them!
If you ever want to talk, FLaddict knows how to contact me!!!  I'm praying for you, and I called my mom's church, and my cousin's church, and he is going to be prayed for alot!!!!  I can promise that!
Becky
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
thanks for forwarding this to me...didn't know what to expect when i first started reading.

t/r...thank you for the "kind" words...they were very comforting.  at this point, i can only pray that the biopsy will come back ok...sorry you have had to go through this with your child...he is lucky to have you.

kim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.