Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Fentanyl

I am on day 16 no actiq. Doing ok for those that care. Those that don't skip my post. Reading some real horsesh*t on here lately, but I am getting better at shutting up. Just an update, I know there are questions posted for me at times. Still reading, although I sometimes vomit a little in my throat. I'll just keep listening for now though. Thanks all for your posts.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Keep the great work going, I new on here I am on fentanyl 150mg I am scare, I want off my body so use to it the hospital had put 50 more on me cause I was really been bad sweating and ice cold, and bad pain w/d  they said cause I been on them 2 years my body wants more I hate it , the last 8 months I been telling my doctor he said it's hot flashes wish I know it's not, I living in hell on them , I want to have a life all I se is darkness I pray so much I want to try have a normal life , I feel like I going crazy  I going call another dr tommorrow I want off this I can't keep living like this , if you know anything that can help please let me know thanks
Helpful - 0
oh yeah, with all the metal i have holding bones together i do have quite a bit of pain with weather changes, rain and barometric pressure and such....cold is the absolute worst though i think. but hoping to live a drug free life as soon as i can get off all this stuff if i hurry up and get stronger, the leg is still very weak, due to non use. i developed a bad infection after the ankle surgery while in the cast (for support) msra i think. it took a year to clear it up, they thought at one point hat i had developed bone infection and would have to amputate below my knee. that put me homebound and couch bound for a yr. no driving, and could only get up to go to the bathroom and back to bed. it sucked being cooped up and stuck in the house for so long. the computer was what kept me from going crazy...so my story is out there....thanks for listening all....cin
Helpful - 0
glad you're doing so well under all the things you are dealing with at the same time. i know what you mean about some of the posts on here lately....crazy huh? i just lowered my dose of fentanyl from 100 mcg  down to 75 mcg 1 month ago, and i havent had the leat bit of problem..my hope is to get off of it all together. which will prob be difficult since i have been on them since 2002. started out on 75mcg went up to 100mcg then up again to 125mcg. started taking them for a shattered tibia plateau (right under the kneecap) and while still on crutches i totaled out my talon and broke both bones in my rt ankle (same leg) shattered them as well with a compound fracture. so after 2 surgeries on the knee, and 3 on the ankle i am still in pain , but am curious to see how much of it is being masked, and also am scared of becoming addicted. (at this point after being on them for so long, im sure i am dependant) but adddiction scares the hell out of me. i also get 120 10/325 percocets per month to be taken 4 x per day as needed for breakthrough pain. but as far as they go...i usually end up with around 50 or 60 leftover each month bc i don't take them everyday bci don't need them. i have never abused my meds and have never chased the "high", so maybe i won't get addicted after all...i'm hoping ....thanks for listening.....cin
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Wow.. has it been 16 days already?? time flies... you have come along way and you should be so proud of yourself..I know i am.. I know you don't always agree with some of what is going on at the forum but I am glad you are still here and post when you can.
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm down to wearing two of the 12mcg fentanyl patches. Next I go down to 12. Not a walk in the park exactly. I'm so glad you posted and you're doing well. I was going to email you tomorrow if I didn't hear anything from you tonight. Did I tell you I talk to suprglyde?? He will be glad to hear of your progress. He's doing well and sticking to the plan he laid out for himself. Like you, he has some pain that does need treated. He's such a nice person and has helped me like you have. If you have my email address still keep in touch. If not I still have yours....Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
CONGRATS... 16 DAYS IS A LONG TIME.  1 DAY IS A LONG TIME, 16 IS A MIRACLE OFF ANYTHING. CONGRATS AGAIN
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.