Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
182493 tn?1348052915

Super late Check In.. 1 am est time

2nd day on a lower dose other than anxiety, leg cramps, and super bad back aches I am doing ok.. Kept really busy today.. did a heavy "spring" cleaning I even pulled out the stove and swept and mopped in the crack between it and the counter...EW gross.. and spent 40 minutes at least vacuming the cat hair out of the couches.. Then I took the best shower of my life... I felt so gross.. the super hot shower was amazing.

Hope everyone had a great evening and all are resting well tonight.. I am not tired yet so I may have to take a Lunesta tonight so I can get some sleep.. back to work tommorrow..

Much Luv
Stephanie
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
:)
Helpful - 0
sure wish i had that kind of energy..my housework began piling up after i got hurt and i haven't been able to catch up since...lol.........cin
Helpful - 0
Hi everyone, I am new here.  I have been addicted to hydrocodone 10/500 for about 1-1/2 years now.  I take anywhere from 4-7 per day.

Here's the deal... I have severe low-back pain, fibromyalgia and arthritis.  Before the hydrocodone, I also had depression, and ate my way up to nearly 200 lbs.

Since being on hydrocodone, I have returned to a normal weight... have the energy and lack of pain which enables me to do a wonderful job at work, and I have virtually NO depression.

I keep reading comments from people about their painful withdrawals, and their resolve to live with excruciating pain and depression.... WHY?  

Doctors are more than happy to prescribe me Zoloft for depression, pills to lose weight and I was once prescribed Vioxx for pain.  Why should I bother with three scripts when I have ONE PILL that takes care of everything?

I RESENT the fact that because there are kids out there taking this drug for fun, those of us who really benefit must jump through hoops to get our medication.  

Perhaps I am in denial, but taking a few pills per day has SIGNIFICANTLY improved my quality of life.  I am nearly out of pills now, and I am absolutely DREADING the impending depression and pain that is to come.

It is MY LIFE... and if taking a few hydrocodone each day improves my pain, depression and energy levels... why not have them?   Before starting this medication, I SUFFERED FOR YEARS!

I believe there is a stigma attached to the drug, because it can have some euphoric effects, AND OUR SOCIETY HATES ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD.  It is much better to SUFFER, SUFFER, SUFFER.

Anyhow, I'm sure I will get some hate mail about this, but I just had to put my two cents in.  Wish me luck, because I'm in for a horrible ride.

Sophie
Helpful - 0
You said it yourself, one of the problems is the "horrible ride" you referred to that is coming up for you.  Aren't you tired of being so dependent on something that you cannot just walk into the pharmacy and buy without a prescription?  It is hard work to keep the prescriptions coming in at the rate you need them to, and to me there is nothing worse than withdrawal, I think it makes a difference as to what meds you are on, I think the worst withdrawal for me was when I was on oxycontin.  I am on Methadone and Percocet now.  I have learned not to run out finally, and I do not take more than the prescribed amount.  I have a doctor who I see every 30 days and he refills my RX, but I hate knowing that I HAVE to see this doctor every month, that it is a priority in my life over everything else.  I feel like I cannot set and reach any goals in life anymore, as my primary objective is just getting the pills.  I have never heard of anyone who did not realize that addiction was not a good thing?  I know of people who are in denial about being addicted maybe but they at least realize that addiction is not something you want in your life, it is just something that happens sometimes when you are not looking.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.