Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
188987 tn?1196280753

Beach - 10th Step

I owe you an amends and I offer you my apology.  I have no stake in your recovery and it's not my job to call you out on anything.  I was wrong to do so.

[con't]
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
188987 tn?1196280753
I also owe you my thanks.  The matter I gave you grief about is, in the greater scheme of things, unimportant and of absolutely no moment.  Certainly it has nothing to do with me and it is none of my business.

Still, it really irritated me for some reason and I felt the need to call you on it.  That's not good.  If I lose my serenity or became irritated at anyone or anything, it says more about me than it does about that person or thing.  When that happens, it shows that there's something in me that's not quite right or out of balance.  I can't say that you're the only person who has irritated me in the last X months (who's counting?), but it's been about X-2 months since that irritation was something I had to act on.

Thus, the fact that I felt compelled to respond to my irritation with that old need-to-argue/need-to-be-right tells me quite clearly that all is not well with me.  If all is not well with me, if I am not at peace with everyone and everything, then my recovery is in danger.  I don't know what it is yet, but I will try to figure it out.  

So, I truly thank you.
Helpful - 0
I was just so impelled to comment...

What an amazing post....and great growth in all that..Not only for you, but for me as well...You pointed out something to me I havent heard in a long time..and I couldnt be more grateful to hear it..

I cant believe the progress...so amazing.....
and Im proud of you..how little or alot that may mean to you.....I just am!!
Thank you!!
Helpful - 0
I am clean which means I don't get offended easy (you no my clean date) lol

My brain was a little effected by all the drugs I have done and I do have some blank spots between 2000 -2006

They were very bad drug use years for me, Costa Rica and my Mastercard with Fed-Ex bringing them to my door step when ever I wanted seems like a blurr today.

Thank you for your words I didn't understand why you zoomed in on me like a hawk on a mouse but its kool.......

I would like to see you get more involved with helping some people here at the forum but only if your confortable doing it.......

take care.........
Helpful - 0
Continue to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admit it.

We just did the 10th step last Friday at our table.

One thing about this step it teaches to don't let things get out of hand. If you make a mistake take care of it right away. If you let things go for a long time soon they can become unforgivable or unmangable and then things get out of hand.

It is hard even if there are two wrongs to apoligize, but if our part is wrong you should man up and do the right thing. I am learning at N/A that working the steps is hard work. Just quitting using is only half the battle, your so full of thinking distortions and the way you looked at things through an addicts eyes for so long you forget what is right.

Thanks again for your words and sorry for the Tab-Boy comment, that was out of line.............
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.