Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

its so hard..

Ive been taking pain meds for over a year now..it started when i took percocet..then i started taking like 10 percocets a day..then i went thru bad withdrawls from it when i stopped..my docter basically cut me off cus i was starting to take more and more..and i was clean i guess for about 3 weeks..maybe one month..all i remember is my legs were in so much pain i couldnt sleep..

So i started taking vicodin..now im in the same boat i just cant get off meds..i feel like the world is nothing without them this sucks cus i usta be so different now im tied down to if ima be able to get pills or not..now im cut off again by another docter..so i have no choice because i cant go on like this.

I take meds because i have a cyst behind my eye and im on public insurance..so its taking forver to get it removed..so when i stop taking the meds i get severe headaches from it..but i wanna be able to tuff it out..and just take regular tylenol or advil for a headache like i use to be able too..

Should i see a therapist and tell them about my problem maybe they can help me with the anxiety and panic and depression part of the withdrawls im about to go thru..i just need to be ok again..i cant be a prisoner to pain meds anymore..i never thought this could happen to me..but it is real..and its very a hard thing to go thru..Please somone help me with advice thanks
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
dallas, it was so good to hear from you.  Yes, I must have had your angels smiling down on me that night.  Thanks for talking me thru that.  very scary times.  Im not going to jinx it by going into details, but its all good now.  whew!  Im now on Suboxone and doing pretty well considering where I was a week ago.  You were really instrumental in making me stay on this site and I truly think it saved me so A BIG thank you for that.  Im sorry your daughter is sick - isnt that always the way (timing).  Im glad the weather looking up, here too.  Take care, girl.  and post more - ur needed around here more than u know.  love ya.
Helpful - 0
hello sweety!! i am in the exact same boat you are, i take 5-7 norcos a day(very strong hydrocodone) i have osteoarthritis in my neck and  i work for a dentist so that doesn't help being turned and twisted all day.i have a presc for 90 a month. i take thoseusually in about 15 days soooooo you know exactly what i do in the meentime. i cannot function at all. i get very depressed ( already have bi-polar disorder) feel like there is nothing important in my life (although there is...kids, husband fam ect.......)when i have the norco life seems so great not a worry in the world friendly, talkative positive loving attitude but when i'm out WATCH OUT~!!!!! i'm a frickin crazy woman! i too wish i could just stop forever but i am way to addicted to the "FEELING" and i don't believe i want help yet. for me the rls is the complete worst of it i feel like i could chop off my own legs at times but it usually lasts for about 3-4 days. i feel your pain, i wish i could help you.~~~~ keep in touch~~~~~~~~~~~
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the med comment..i think ima go buy that because thats the one thing that bothers me the most..and oh yeah i was getting a script for 180percs a month i  would run out early all the time..perc wiothdawl is bad..i was taking 7.5/325 about 10 or 12 a day..then i was clean for 3 weeks and i started on vicodin now im in the same rut..i just feel like theres no life you know..?
Helpful - 0
oh believe me I know......I was told to stay away from everything addicting for awhile even caffiene and sugar.....especially another drug. That will just take the place of the other. You seem to be heading in the right direction so keep it up.
Helpful - 0
my legs have the same problem it is RLS...go to local drug store and buy Restful legs it's working a little for me. Also vitamin b complex for energy. Unfortunately there is no way to get rid of everything completely but it will be better soon....for me and for you
Helpful - 0
haven't seen you in a long while.  Im glad to know your still around.  hows it going, girl?
Helpful - 0
Hey wow i live in the dallas ft worth area too yay..i just moved here from VA...
Out here they take pain meds serious more then other places..so thats why i started taking vicodon cus they dont prescribe percocets but its all the same thing..yes ima be started my first day of being clean tommorow its gonna be so hard cus i have a little 7 mont old..and a husband who depends on me so much..its tearing up my life with him too..you know going to hospitals when i run out of meds n all that because THEY GO QUICK..it just sucks..But hopefully now that i can get on here and  chat i have somone to talk too cus i know NOBODY here..But anyways thank you.im glad to see im not the only one who gets rsl..i wonder how long it will last..?
Helpful - 0
hello there!!! doing pretty good, my lil girl was just diagnosed with mono (sad face)........shes been sooo sick this whole month,i think i've been to work Maybe 6 days,,,,,,weather is getting very pretty out her (wash) around 60 but windy, i;ll take that over snow anyday!! how are you? EVERYTHING still ok?? hope you are well!!!
Helpful - 0
Your story almost sound just like what I'm going through. This is the first time I decided to try and get my life back. So, I cried out for help. I'm going to get some therapy because when I'm without percs, I fall into a huge state of depression. So, it wouldn't hurt. I to got up to 10-12 percs aday. Man do they go fast that way and then your screwed and all you look forward to is the next appointment. I count down the days. I feel like I need percs just to function. It's a tiring rollercoaster coming off then going on....

I might try suboxene, but maybe not. I really don't know what to do at this point. I'm new to quitting so good luck and keep me posted on getting yourself out of prison.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.