Detox from Vics

4 days clean from the 20-30 Vics a day
any advice would help
How much longer with the physical/mental
I will overcome this
I just need a little help
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, the first two nites I didn't get hardly any sleep... last nite was the longest.  Hang in there and don't give in.  You're almost there.  Good luck and thank you very much singha for your support and I'll try to come on here everyday.  I'm likin' this forum more and more.  It's makin' it a little easier to talk to people that's goin' through the same thing that I'm goin' through.  

Take care and god bless :)
Helpful - 0
I'm new to this site but I'm on my 4th day... and I do agree with someone in an earlier thread.  I would love to stick together with some of you people in here.  I'm a 36 year old housewife and got on this **** for pain in my lower back a couple of years ago.  It took me over... I would run out 3 weeks early and start buyin them from people at work and the street.  I've quit several times but I think this is it this time.  Don't wanna go through the hell of quiting again ughhh.  I feel for all of you.  This isn't something that you ask for or go out lookin for.  It's something that is legally perscribed to you.  I didn't know about the all the withdrawals and everything when I started takin' them.  I quit my job last week just to get away from the people at work.  Now I'm lookin' for a new job.  I still feel a little jittery and very weak minded as far as wanting to call someone up and buy but I keep reminding myself about the withdrawals again lol.  

I was prescribed oxycontin 30mg 3 a day and percocet 10 mg 3 a day...  I was taking oxycontin 30mg 12 a day and percocet 10mg about 12 or 14 a day all in the same day yikes... what was I thinkin'.  I didn't care if I overdosed... I just wanted that initial high that I got a long time ago.  That's how bad off I was before.

God bless all of you... If I can do it so can you Good luck :)
Helpful - 0
getting to the 4th day is quite an accomplishment.  VERY GOOD!! It will turn around a little from here but you can expect some symptoms to hang around for a little while.  Stay positive and stick around here, many ppl will help you and it will make a difference when you have those "what the ***K questions?  good luck and congrats on making it to day 4.  HANG IN THERE!
Helpful - 0
wow 20 vics a day..i have been taking 10 a day i start my detox tommorow im very nervous but like you sai..i will overcome this
Helpful - 0
RESTFUL LEG it's called
Helpful - 0
Everyone seems to think getting past the 4th day is when it all turns and. I felt like it took me 10 days to 2 weeks, but I had a big problem. I have to tell you I didn't see any light at the end of the tunnel till over 2 weeks and now at over 3 weeks CT I feel better than I have in years. I feel wonderful and positive about life and my family. you have to give it time it doesn't happen over night. It's a fight that you will look back on in just a few days and you will be so proud of yourself!!! Stay positive if possible. Your body and mind will go through some strange things from sadness, anger depression but you will come out of it in a very short time:-)
Helpful - 0
I totally agree... I'm in my 4th day.  Even though the truly hellish days are over I was gettin scared this mornin' when I still woke up with alot of restless leg and depression still.  I'm glad u said that.  I was just about to ask how long does it truly take to fully get over it and feel completely human.  You answered my question before I answered it.  I'm glad I have a day to look forward to with my hubby and 3 children.  I actually sat on the beach yesterday and just relaxed for an hour.  First time in 3 days that I could just sit and not move from place to place every 2 seconds.  I'm here for anyone.  Good luck and god bless. :)  Thank you very much H3girl :) and everyone here.
Helpful - 0
the key word to what you said is that "you woke up this morning" I wish I could say that because I really didn't get any sleep. So whether you believe it or not you are doing better and better everyday....keep on the right track you are doing great.
Helpful - 0
extremely difficult.....but 4th day is supposed to be the turn around after that so let me congratulate you there. Take vitamin b complex it's really helping me this week and alos Restful le you can get it at the drug store. KEEP HYDRATED. and post as much as you can this place helps alot believe me.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.