Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Vicodin/Lortab withdrawal symptoms

I just stumbled upon this site as I did a Google search on pain killer withdrawal. My husband and I started using lortab or vicodin for "recreational" use...I'm sure lots of people start out this way. For about the past two months, we have been using these pills everyday....about 3-6 per day. For some reason, we did not take any on Monday night. He had awful night sweats...which I read was normal withdrawal. However, last night I had "Restless legs." I got up so many times trying to stretch and work off the "nervous energy." I had it all day today too. It seems like I could not sit still or concentrate. We went walking this evening and I told him about it. He said it was probably from not taking any pills. We are trying to get off of them. Is this feeling normal for withdrawal? I just want to make sure it is and not something else.    
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i myself have been trying to wean my self off of hydroco/apap10-325 mg tablets and from what i understand is one of the highest doesages of vicodin you can get hints the 10. i staeted taking them from my boyfriend cause he does not take them i had always used this med before and never got hooked but that was the apap 5 -750's so it never really grabed a hold of me till i was introduced to the asap-10-325's. i just wanna tel anyone who reads this DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION !!!!!!!! it is highley addictive and the withdrawl symptoms are a *****!!!!!!! plz plz plz DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION
Helpful - 0
I was diagnosed with a stomach tumor 6 months ago.  I was prescribed Vicodin 750 100 pills per month.  I lost my job, and had to detox on my own.  It took 10 days, throwing up, not eating, the worst hell you could ever imagine.  From me to you, do not take Vicodin.  It doesnt solve the problem.  
Helpful - 0
352798 tn?1399298154
Sorry i didn't see this earlier. You posted on an old post. Copy your post and put it in a new one. At the top of this page, Post a Question button.
Helpful - 0
I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms,,,i am a 22 year old who got them from my doctor.....yeah, see, this is how it goes.....i have arthritus (spell) in my legs. It hurts, but since i am still in college and planning on getting health insurance in my name in the next year, i am not wanting to have a pre-existing medical ailment. So i wavered my doctor to just give me pain killers....i got addicted and fast. Now i am taking myself off of them and really struggling with leg pain, but this time its not just my condition, its elevated itself to a higher level thanks to my rendevous with loratab! Does anyone know how long my legs will ache? what should i do????
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
woke up this morning and i am "still" laughing my ass off.  not going to get a rise out of me...thought it would make me mad?  nope!  it was a failure...a complete and total failure...have a good day :)
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I really do see this person as someone trying to steal your name. Don't let it bother you LIZZIE. We know you and not just by name. We know your syntex and how you type. They're just playing games....hugs...LS
Helpful - 0
Im sorry I got you into this mess hon,,, you are a good woman, rest good tonight, I love you,,,,
Helpful - 0
those are most def' the symptoms of withdrawal.  keep taking those walk with your husband.  you are lucky to be able to stop.  even a few vicodin a day can be addicting, so if you got past day 3 you'll start to feel better.  peace and blessing, penelope. :)
Helpful - 0
I just saw your name! That;'s funny. Promise I'm not trying to steal it!
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
real funny...haha...laughing my ass off
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
are you stealing my name
Helpful - 0
Restlessness Is one of the biggest pains in the ass you can get from Withdrawal. Along with Chills and Nausea in my opinion are the worst.

If a regular Vicodin user stops taking Vicodin, he or she will experience Vicodin Withdrawal within six to twelve hours but the symptoms are usually not life-threatening. The intensity of Vicodin Withdrawal depends on the degree of the Vicodin addiction. For example, the symptoms of withdrawal from Vicodin may grow stronger for twenty-four to seventy-two hours and then gradually decline over a period of seven to fourteen days.

The symptoms of Vicodin withdrawal include but are not limited to:

* restlessness
    * muscle pain
    * bone pain
    * insomnia
    * diarrhea
    * vomiting
    * cold flashes
    * goose bumps
    * involuntary leg movements
    * watery eyes
    * runny nose
    * loss of appetite
    * irritability
    * panic
    * nausea
    * chills
    * sweating

Yeah...It sucks Loratab is Vicodin as is Norco etc.
Helpful - 0
sorry but it sounds like it...luckily you realized it in the early stages...get them out of your life...before you know it time is gone
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.