Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Why don't guys try methadone clinincs for OPIATE addiction?

a lot of you seem to be doing this all alone.  Maybe you should try to stay at a methadone clinic for a good year (you just walk in and dose and then go back home.)  stay and taper down to ONE ml.  Even if you have to start at 300 ml. a week.  I made the mistake of tapering off 2-3 ml. a week and that was too fast.  Withdrawled way to hard-core.  you should try tapering off the methadone 1 ml. a week till you smidge your way down and WEAN yourself off your opiate addiction.  it's usually around $80 per week for the ANNONYMOUS treatment.  you'll probabaly get pretty high off the methadone for the first couple weeks.  But just to get you off your oxys, or vicodin, heroin, whatever your opiate of choice is. I wouldnt recomend this treatment if your not going to take it seriously or just go in for a week then leave.   go in for a week then try to get off methadone is like trying to get off heroin.  so you gotta stick with it!  but it's better than cold turkey, google it :)  peace and blessings.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
methadone is just something else to get addicted to.  I think it is a great thing for people who are doing illegal drugs such as heroin.  But if you are already addicted to opiates and obtaining them by prescription, it is just trading one addiction for another.  I traded my hydrocodone addiction for a methadone one, and I wish I could go back in time.  The withdrawals I have had from hydrocodone do not even compare to the ones from methadone.  It is much harder to get off of and just the stigma attached to the name is something to consider - whenever anyone finds out that I am taking methadone, they automatically assume I am shooting heroin up my veins.  I know an addict is an addict and I am not better than the heroin addicts, but most of society judges it a little differently.  Anyway, like I said, methadone is great for an addiction that is causing you to break the law and for one that is costing you big time money.  One good thing about methadone, it is very cheap.
Helpful - 0
All that would do is switch drug of choice, no offense but I think that is very dumb thing to do.
Plus with Methodone to get off usually heroin it is only a two week process...
Helpful - 0
yeah, i should know cuz i was the one that didnt stick with the slow detox from methadone and it killed and lasted wayyyyyyy longer than any opiate addiction withdrawel.. but i was just saying if you were going to stick with it, hmm.....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.