Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Doctor hasn't heard of suboxone

I finally broke down and told my primary doctor about me and the vicodin.  She hasn't heard of suboxone and when she looked it up it said it was restricted in the U.S. I go back to discuss it further with her tomorrow.  So I made a step in the right direction in admitting my problem.  My question is are there other drugs that can help with the withdrawl since she is not familiar with suboxone?  Does methadone work?  Has anyone here tried methadone?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
meth you should be really careful with...
In Canada we have clinics and you have to show up daily to get your dose so its moderated...and you dont have control over it...but it isnt always the case....I would do a full research, I debated it..but found that I havent needed to go on it....I watched my gf be quite successful with it..until she was down to 10 mg......and she is battling with that now......so...it isnt always best for everyone...

There are only Sub doctors to my knowledge and it is only available in the states...at least not in Canada....
Helpful - 0
I've heard stories of people becoming addicted to methadone.  I know someone suggest I find a doctor that prescribes the suboxone.  Either way I know I need help.
Helpful - 0
Hang in there....Do some research in your area......and just keep coming here and posting

With this sub you have to start it like something like 12 hours after your last dose.....at least so I have read.........not like I am suggesting to kepe taking pills..however if you have to for now...do a taper, find a dose you are comfortable taking....if using it for pain...or help with wds and keep the rest away......

Keep psoting and do alot of reading..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.