Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

17 days c/t

Today is 17 days c/t and I feel O.K.  Reading the post from construction makes me a little nervous because I can just tell how easy it would be for me to do the same thing.  Fortunately I have NO access to anything - I threw it all away and my husband is a watchdog....anyways...I just don't have the energy I want yet...my legs hurt more than anything and nothing seems to help.  Oh well, off of my pity party....I made it 17 days!!!!!  Woohoo!!!!!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
whohoo 17 dayts thats wikked
if you find a cure for that achy legs...fill me in....gosh my intial steps in the mornign feel like I have 100 tons on my feet...and sheesh I know Im overweight but notlike that...lol

Congradulations and the energy will come!!
Helpful - 0
Hey...the energy does get better...are you taking anything ie. supplements/energy drinks?  It took a good two to three weeks before I really felt like myself again and that is when I started getting nervous about relapsing too!  It is very easy for that to happen. Some statistics show that only 2 in 10 addicts stay clean without relapsing. (Beach is that correct?)  That is not too encouraging but why can't we be those two?  And, God forbid that we do relapse, we gotta get right back up and start again. I guess we need a plan on how we can stay clean.  CATUF has recommended books for addcits....there is NA/AA....therapists.  Whatever we do, we have to be vigilant about our recovery!  Be proud of your strength and tenacity...you got through 17 days..and that is quite an accomplishment!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
YAY congrats.
Helpful - 0
17 days is awesome! I had zero energy at 17 days, but tons at 30. Stay the course, weaklink!

Marcie's right though. It seems like so much energy is focused on getting through acute w/d that we don't focus on the real barrier to recovery - relapse! One thing that helps to keep me from relapse is this forum. I also have little things that I read regularly to remind me of where I've been, where I'm at, and where I'm going.
Helpful - 0
thanks guys, all the encouragement helps!!!
Helpful - 0
I am over 3 weeks almost a month CT. I feel great I have gotten back to the gym and I'm running again. The energy will come with time. It's different for everyone but it will happen.
WD's were so bad and I mentally felt as bad as physically. I am going to be one of the two that makes it. I never want to go back and thank God I don't have any cravings. Never had after the first few days. I feel truly blessed.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.