Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Tramadol Addiction

Alright well I'm a 22 year old male, and was addicted to oxycontin two years ago for about 4-5 months. I originally got a presription for Percoset for my wisdom teeth getting pulled, but after that I wanted more and found someone who could get oxycontin. I was hooked, and wanted the stuff everyday. I wanted to stop, but just couldn't deal with the withdrawals, but then luckily the guy I bought em was arrested and this forced me to quit cold turkey. The withdrawals were hell though, even just for 4-5 months use, and I can't imagaine how you can get off it with years of use, so I have lots of respect for those of you who did it. Well after that I was fine for awhile, but then I was prescribed tramadol for Restless Leg Syndrome. I've been addicted to this stuff for like 8 months, and I just hate the feeling that I cant get through the day without taking these stupid pills. I havent told anybody, I'm too ashamed of it. The problem with tramadol is that its so easy to get, you can just order it online w/o a sript and it's there the next day. I wish I had the willpower to stop, and I've tried many times but the withdrawals are too much for me. It seems like the withdrawals on these last a lot longer than oxycontin.. I take about 8-12 50mgs pills a day, and just wanted to know the best way to get off. Would you recommend tapering off this slowly? I know I haven't been on it for that long, but I figured the longer I wait the worse off I'll be. But thanks for any help you can give...
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi iv been on tramadol for two years and today went to see my doctor he was very very helpfull towards my addiction. At my worst which is just recently i was taking 20-30 a day.  I had been cold turkey for two days which was hard enough but your time must have been alot worse. My doctor has prescribed me tramadol which my partner is giving me at the moment at the prescribed dose. I dont know if this will help you in any way. I hope u get through it.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I would recomend tapering of Tramodol.. it is part opiate part antidepressant.. it rasies your serotonin levels.. for that reason i would suggest tapering if possible.  coming off of something that messes with your serotonin if rough to detox from to begin with.. add in opiate withdrawl..
Helpful - 0
11 years of ultram addiction for me....sux big time. Dr's don't realize that it is addictive the same way any opiates are. Luckily you realize it and can stop it now.What has apparently happened is that the tramadol addiction took the place of the other addictions that you were fighting.....do you have a chance to taper or are you out?
Helpful - 0
sweet, thanks
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the response. I have plenty of tramadols so I definately have enough to start tapering off...the question is just will I actually follow through on it..but thanks everyone for the help
Helpful - 0
Thanks for sharing, there is a girl on here names singha who is going thru a similiar situation with the ultram, if you go back you will find all of her postings and she is tapering off of it.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.