Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
186166 tn?1385259382

oxysbliss/all

i think what has made oxysbliss so upset is the lizzyloowho? post that went on a couple of days ago.

as many of you know, there have been some trouble makers on the forum the last couple of weeks...ppl coming on and using other names and trying to keep things stirred up on the forum.  it is a sad fact, but one that is true.  i am sorry that i questioned who lizzyloowho? was but under the circumstances i think that i was justified.  every person here apologized to her, including me.  that is not enough for oxysbliss...she said that in a post directed to me.  

as i told oxysbliss...if someone came on here as "oxysblisswho" ..."creekwho?"...or anyone's name with "who" on the end, they would question it too.

cont'd
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
186166 tn?1385259382
there are many reasons that ppl come to this forum...addiction...addiction of a loved one...information...help...this is a wonderful place for those who need it to be.  i have seen some awesome things happen here over the past month.  

oxy...i don't know what else i can say to you girl...but i do believe that you have over reacted to this.  when you hurt someone's feelings you apologize...and that is what has happened.

i don't want this post to turn into another "drama"...that is not needed here.  please don't start...just needed to get this out.

i hope those of you who are struggling find strength today...and everyday.  we all have our struggles, unique to us...whatever they may be.  i love you all and wish nothing but peace for you.

kim
Helpful - 0
I'm very sorry I have caused this drama. I just wanted some help....and I especially wanted you to know that I was not fake. Anyways, I wish everyone the best of luck and peace in their lives.  
Helpful - 0
I'm very sorry I have caused this drama. I just wanted some help....and I especially wanted you to know that I was not fake. Anyways, I wish everyone the best of luck and peace in their lives.  
Helpful - 0
I'm guilty, I pressed the "submit" button twice! Sorry everyone!
Helpful - 0
Hey, don't worry about it. I think oxysbliss just overreacted a little bit. I know that you also may have overreacted about lizzylouwho?, but you owned your mistake and apologized. That's about all we can do when we screw up, right?
Helpful - 0
I have noidea why I am giving into this ....I talk enough as it is...

but Im curious....

How do you know the impact on the addict that gets negative feedback?
Have you ever burried one of your friends because they totally gave into their addiction...because when they reached out their hand, they didnt find what they were looking for?
How do you know the impact of 'judgement' on another person?

I needed a break.....thats all I said...a chance to step back....that didnt mean I quit.....nor did that mean that I wanted someone to post something to figure out what my problem is...Ive posted my email on this site before...and if you were curious...email me...dont post it on the board.....or ask for it..someone is bound to have it.....

I needed to evaluate myself...what I give, what i take and what I acn give and take.....To some of this I cant....Im sorry if that offends anyone, I am only doing what I have to for myself...

This stirred up so much emotion for me...on my own homefront, this brought me back to a place where I remember things so vidialy....Thats overreacting, because I am feeling....I dont think so....

Ive said it before, I will say it again...If someone taunted me here, I would pray for them and carry on, If someone came to imitate my name, I would welcome them and carry on, If someone began to be hurtful, I would pray for them and carry on....Thats my way, it works for me.....I will only want to add to the postive I have enough negative in my own head then to create negativety here....

What Im feeling is valid, its my own and it isnt over reacting......all I said was I think I quit....or needed a break or whatever.....I needed time..space to re evulate...I think you should all learn to do it...

Lizzylou.....Girl, I understand why your here...I really do, I understand that your helpful and you add so much to this forum...but laughing at an addict just because they had your name...is foolish....That could have sent that women out....that could have driven them back into their addiction....We as addicts are sensitive...and we have no idea what our words will do to another person...and we can even see their expressions....so even more so we dont know.....what we could very well be doing...is killing them....I've watched it...I have burried my friends...when they did everythign they possibly could to reach out...and in the end...they left...feeling helpless, useless, and full of anger.....or sadness.....Thats why I always say with a postive approach. I am in no way saying it wouldnt bother me if someone came in with the same name or taunted me, it would bother me...but there is a time and place for every kind of discussion and some of it shouldnt be here....

Thats hwy I communicate with some memebers thru emails......to talk...talk about things that maybe I cant talk baout here......to leave my baggage off the board...I feel like my baggage is all up and out there..and I dont like that...
This is mine to sort out...not the world to figure out.....

Lizzyloowho, you didnt cause any drama.....you were only pulled into it..and I am so grateful you are not like me, or so many I've already had to say goodby etoo.....Im glad you came back and cleared up your stuff..and I pray you find what you are looking for.....

I wont walk around and not say anything.....I learned something very early in A.A from a few old timers...that I am the kind of person that is blunt and to the point...that if something isnt working then it must be you....its up to us to change and if we cant change I totally believe its up to friends and sponsors and whatever...to call us on our ****...Sometimes I dont want to listen and **** it hurts something fierce...but there is a reson for everything I truely believe....
Lord knows Im not perfect and Im not trying to protray that, i wont go back to either program for many reasons....and two of them being I smoke pot and I drink.....do I think I have a problem with those no...do I think they take me back to something harder, maybe, am I willing to give them up..no....but does that mean I cant learn still.....i dont think so...I believe in what the programs offer...Gosh do I ever...I have seen it saves lives....and no it isnt for everyone ...and it doesnt always work for everyone.....sometimes people need something else...I believe I need that something else...and I dont get that from the program but I sure as hell believe I get that from my creator, gettin back to my grassroots......

Just listen, and be careful what you say to each other...and really dig deep down there and figure things out for youselves, and grab what works....YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.....I gave up trying to kill myself and I iwll tell you why, because I kept waking back up.....lol....I am trying to give up the slow totrous death wish and its hard..and I ask my friends to help me keep in check....and thats what friends do......Listen, learn, and dont repeat.....and be kind to one another.....Lord knows people walk by and flip the bird or rude enough to each other we forget to be kind, send a smile, not to those that you only know, but to everyone....it spreads....it reaches sometimes the loneliest person.....and think about your words......heck they could be the final nail that hits the coffin, or it could be the last seed it needs to grow......
Helpful - 0
Those are very brave and strong words. I hope to read more of your posts!
Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
I agree with you 100%.
For me, most of the time, and I try to adhere to it, it's easier to be nice than to be mean.  I try not to say something out of negavitity and have to apologize. It's just a much easier process to come at someone with kindness.  If it turns out they don't deserve my kindness, well I stop giving it but that's not for me to judge.
I just try to keep my side of the street clean instead of doing and saying what I want on impulse and having to defend it or constantly say I'm sorry.
I'm not referring to this situation in particular so please no one take it personally, I'm just speaking in general.

Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
I agree with you 100%.
For me, most of the time, and I try to adhere to it, it's easier to be nice than to be mean.  I try not to say something out of negavitity and have to apologize. It's just a much easier process to come at someone with kindness.  If it turns out they don't deserve my kindness, well I stop giving it but that's not for me to judge.
I just try to keep my side of the street clean instead of doing and saying what I want on impulse and having to defend it or constantly say I'm sorry.
I'm not referring to this situation in particular so please no one take it personally, I'm just speaking in general terms.

Helpful - 0
amen to that....we are all here for the same thing. I am with ya girl.
Helpful - 0
Very well spoken and well taken.  I really think that Lizzie would never try to harm any other and almost all of our names have been stolen and given a twist or we have been messed with purposly.  I just think when Lizzie looked at that, it was her first thought.  She is very loving and meant no harm.  I think that we all need each other,  Thats what makes this board so special, we have so many different points of views from addicts to mothers of addicts.  It was just a misunderstanding.  But, I hope that we can move on in the right direction and grow together,,, Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
I dont know why you would think that I didnt like LIzzy.....or I thought she wasnt a good person...No where have i ever said such a thing....I have always tried to be polite the best way I know how.....

but I wont sit around and not point out things that are so obvious to me....
People need to be more careful on this board, and I have always tried to stay positive.......Thats it..and have a different apporach...

but I was pointed out here...everyone had to try to figure out what my problem was, instead of just emailing me and asking...alright....yes two did, however either way..Im sick of this...and need to go......
Helpful - 0
Im sorry to be so short...
Im trying to process and thats difficult for me...
Helpful - 0
I am with you 180 percent and if you would like to chat anytime I am here for you,,, Huggs, G
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.