Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

need some advice Please

I have tapered down from 240 mg of oxy to 20 mg of hydro. I went from 4 10/325 hydro to 2 10/325 two days ago. I take my first dose at noon and then again at 6pm. The wd's are really bad. Is this going to help me in the end or am i just making it worse by taking my doses so far apart and just making the pain last longer. I guess what i am asking is should i just go cold turkey from here or continue to taper. I was going to go to 5/325 twice a day next.

thanks
Josh
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Josh,

I am not very informative as some of the other folks on here....I know that I just like the drugs! You will get tons of advice, as I am sure you have seen and experienced so far....just keep going! You are doing great. Keep busy! Go run around the block!

Liz
Helpful - 0
Hi Josh,

Just my opinion, as I am no doctor or expert...  I think you are probably just prolonging the pain and w/d.  

I read stories on here all the time about tapering and these people are so strong to be going through the physical w/d for SOOOOO long.  

C/T was the only way for me...  I couldn't taper (no willpower) and I couldn't stand the thought of the physical w/d dragging on and on.

Izzy
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
I had to c/t off 80mg a day.It wasnt fun but it the physical **** is over but the psycological is still hanging on a little.Never again! Good luck.
Helpful - 0
I tried to taper for years and couldn't do it.  Finally went c/t from 150mg hydro a day and I'm at day 18 now.  You have to decide what is best for you.  My worst wd's lasted about 4 days but I'm still a little sluggish at 18 days but nothing like the initial wd's.  I'm so glad that I finally went c/t!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for all of your replies I actually feel ok except for the burning chest hard to breathe feeling. I am not sure if this is just panic and nerves or if it is part of the withdrawals i have had ever since I started this taper.

Josh
Helpful - 0
You have done the best thing to taper down some now you need to go CT. It's just prolonging the WD's.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.