Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

oxxy cottin addiction

I have been on oxxy for 3 years. I started at 120 mlgs a day and have spent the last year trying to get off it after getting a new dr. The dr has has been from what i feel very slow and only reducing it a little every 3 months. Now i am at 30 mlgs and decided 2 days ago to just stop it now against my dr's advice.I am so anxious to get off this horriable drug but do you think that i am trying to move to fast?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
So awesome to find so much encouragement and you guys make even more  determined than i have ever been. This is one battle that i WILL win ;)
I am sure all of you will too.
Helpful - 0
You are right...the hardest part is mental and the harder part is staying clean in the long run!
Helpful - 0
nope im going on day seven from 120 mgs and it fuckin hurts let me tell u that but i can think clearly and actually remember **** but this is only temperarely for me i've been on opiates for 5yrs and i'm only 19. i hurt my back back then and still havent got the surgeries i need or have i even got a real diagnosis but wat im trying to say is this shits mostly in your head. yes there are some physical symtoms that may kill you for a week but maybe that depends on your daily dosage. but just trying to help out if i can. good luck and be strong. take care
Helpful - 0
I totally understand and so do lots of others.  It is so important to understand that you are not alone.  Except when it is very very late there is always someone here who not only can relate to you but will talk to you openly and honestly with care and compassion.  This site saves lives!!!
Opiate w/d will not kill you!  Addiction will, so make the right choice.  It is so hard and I am very scared of the w/d's I will face over the next few days but I know that I don't want to be in this oxy prison any longer.
Helpful - 0
Thx for your encouragement. this last few years has been so hard, I have been through medical problems than i could list here but the worst of which for me was having a dr get me hooked on this horriable drug when i never needed it to begin with. He thought i was dying and when i didnt i was left with this addiction. I cant tell you how nice it is to find a place where people understand that is something i have not had all through this battle with this drug.
Helpful - 0
no you are not moving too fast.  I am going cold turkey off of 80 + mgs of oxy contin today and as long as you have the will power to do it, then it's yours!  It sounds like you want to stop, which I believe is the most important aspect in quitting.  You will definitely experience typical opiate withdrawals but you will be getting it over with as opposed to tapering like your doc has you doing.  
I am not a doctor so as long as he/she doesn't have a reason to for you to be tapering (other than to ease withdrawals) then you should be fine.  It wouldn't hurt to at least tell your doc what you are doing.
Posting here can help too!
A lot of other people here have gone off oxy cold turkey and some are tapering...everyone is very kind and supportive.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.