Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anyone want to talk tonight?? It's late I know

Hi, it's so late and I am so tired but I can't sleep.  There isn't much to read on the forum this evening.   Everyone must be tucked in early, and that is great.  So I will post and say I am listening and reading, and if anyone is there in need of support or comfort,  I'm it!

Peace to all of you this evening~
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey creek hows it going for you,im here for a little bit,what day you on
Helpful - 0
hi creek, i couldnt sleep either woke up . pupils popping out of head. took one more valium and half a zoplicone,i need sleep. or i get para, and anxious.

off to bed soon.

hope u ok.
im new here/ joined last night am. uk time/

hope u sleep soon .

Helpful - 0
Glad you are on the forum this evening.  Welcome.  I dunno why I can't sleep actually think I am over tired. But I am tapering vic and quit takin my soma....that is what keeps me up I think.  I miss the muscle relaxer a bit...my body does. not my mind so much.

How are you guys doing>  From the UK eh?  This is amazing to me to be talking to someone overseas and just like that boom,  you get my message.  I grew up in the typewrter era so this is just incredible.

What are your stories or do you wanna discuss other things>  I am here to listen is what I usually say...if you are just staying up for me we should ALL just go read a book and rest our bodies and souls.

I am here to listen, but I really don't have to keep jabbering.  What is up with everyone?
Peace~
Helpful - 0
well im eating a bowl of coffee ice cream,and reading the days post,i think Im addicted to coffee YUM ,I dont have a problem with opiates but my wife does,so I come here trying to understand addiction,I keep beating myself up trying to fix her,thats my short story
Helpful - 0
back in the early 1980s I had a battle with qualudes,a lot of people now days dont know what ludes are,so I do know a bit about addiction,over the years I have done a lot of defferent drugs but never seemed to have a problem quitting when i decided to,I guess Im very lucky that way,I thing after my addiction to ludes I learned to not let myself get in too deep
Helpful - 0
i always have been addicted to something and always wanted more.  one was always too many, a hundred not enough.  But over the years I have been functioning ok.  In fact, wonderfully for awhile, but in about a two-three year period I have really gone downhill.  I am taking way too many vics and just don't seem to care. I also have broke the bank, lost my marriage, self-esteem low, you know, if we could just spend all the energy in recovery as we do in addiction...the lies, the guilt, the tap dancing...we wouldn't choose to be this way.   we would turn the energy around.  That is what I am trying to do.  TODAY
Helpful - 0
creek the way i look at it is,if you lost a leg in a accident that is a major deal,if you have something happen that you can turn around that is a small bump in the road,I know it does not seem small at the time but it is,stand back and look at the BIG picture,I tell myself this to shal pass,If it is something you can change then it is a small bump,If it is something you can not change then it is a big deal,I too lost my wife to addiction,my bank is broke and the future looked bleek,now I am starting to heal,I just landed a great job,I smile now,If you would have asked me 6 monthes ago I would have told you my life was ruined,but it was just a small bump,not to take away from addiction but it is a small bump,focus and turn things around YOU CAN DO IT !
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.