Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Why?

Why are we losing the hearts and souls of this forum? Pinpointing the exact cause is easy to see. This site is losing momentum and needs a good kick in the butt. It is slowly straying away from it's initial intent and is becoming a playing field for everything but. The reason for this place is to assist anyone who is having a drug problem, regardless of what the problem is. Our hearts and minds should be centered on giving as much assistance as is possible, while at the same time receiving the same, where needed. Straying from this goal can play havoc with those who are just beginning, are in the midst of or almost at the end of withdrawl. Unfortunately, this is not happening as intently as it should. Injecting a little humor now and then is good as is short bios to let us know how things are going. When someone creates a problem, whether by intent or not, everyone here suffers. You cannot play around with people who are in an extremely sensitive situation and expect them to shrug or laugh it off. Nerves get frayed very easily and can play havoc with the mind. Hopefully this forum will return to normal and our friends who have left will return.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
mangee I have been coming to forum a long time,I agree that it has gotten out of control,for a long time it took longer to read through the b/s post to find good info than what it was worth,I now see it going back the other way,seems I can again learn from the post,sometimes people just want someone to listen to them,others just want someone to talk to,we should be here for all of them,I feel some people have formed clicks here and forget that others may be shy and not sure if they are welcome,we should all remember our first time here,how scared or lonely we were and how we just wanted help,mange I have learned a great deal from you and thank you for that
Helpful - 0
You are one of my favorite people here I always seem to agree and love what you have to say.. I hope you are doing well on your road to recovery.. Luv, g
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.