Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Again the Forum has helped me!

It is so easy to become lax about recovery. I made it to Week 7 c/t from 10-15 10mg Norco daily x 2 1/2 yrs.  I have 4 children, I work and I have detoxed from this **** 3x in the past year!  I was doing great (or so I thought) until yesterday when I slipped and took 2 perc and stole 10 more from my friends mom. I have no excuse and can't explain why I did it. Naturally I felt like **** after this and was beating myself up last night. I woke up this am with a terrible headache but a new resolve. I started reading these posts more closely. We all have so much in common and we are all here to fight this.  Sosad, Singha, Patriot, HubbyChoo, Creek, Addicted, LadySundown, Oxy, FLaddict, Mariyah2, Mangee, CATUF, Beach,Consstructrion, Dyblue, LIZZIELOU, and too many others to name, you are my family and I once again am grateful. You have saved me from myself more times than I can count. I did slip yesterday. I was straying away from the forum and getting a little too comfortable in my recovery that it just showed me that we can never stop working to stay clean. It is the most hateful disease and can ruin our lives too easily. I think H3 girl said yesterday to look into your childrens eyes and that is what will keep you clean or get you there! She's right. I looked at my children and husband last night and realized they don't deserve this and neither do I. I am going to keep on fighting and get back on track! Sorry but I'm going to keep posting, and to everyone, keep fighting to get your lives back.  None of us want to be a hostage to our addiction anymore!
Peace to all!
Marcie
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
all we did was give you the words girl
You DID the FOOTWORK....Remember, you make time to beat yourself up...Well make tiem to give YOURSELF CREDIT TOO...

Love you tons....
Helpful - 0
Don't beat yourself up! Everybody slips up. Hardly anybody gets this thing right the first time. This is my 5th attempt at quitting, and i'm on day 3. I know it's going to work this time....for me and for you. Hang in there!
Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
I am going to post some excerpts from How It Works in the Big Book of Alcoholics Annoymous.  This is the original text before it got revised.  There once was a time when AA was a lot more stirct than it is now.
I don't remember what your stance on program is or God, and I certainly don't want to offend anyone and I am NOT pushing anything down anyone's throat so please people, don't attack me.  If you like what's posted, I'm glad, if you don't and it doesn't apply in your life, then move on to the next post.
Marce, you're stronger than you think!!

Get down upon your knees and say to your Maker, AS YOU UNDERSTAND HIM: "God, I offer myself to Thee - to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!" Think well before taking this step. Be sure you are ready; that you can at last abandon yourself utterly to Him.

Every second of every day is a chance to make a change.
xoxoxo
Helpful - 0
Remember, Marce, you have learned a valuable lesson in recovery!!!  And thank you so much for coming here and being honest and telling us about the slip....today is day 1 c/t for me and it helps to think about and plan for the my long term recovery.  You said that this shows how much of a hold this addiction has on us and you are so right.  Also, it reminds me that I have to stay away from pills...forever.  If that means turning around and walking out of someone's house when they have them then so be it.  You learned a lesson for all of us....all along you have been a great teacher.  You have my admiration and respect 100%.
Helpful - 0
well said thank you girl
Helpful - 0
I am so happy you are not going to give in to the fight like I did,  You can be my inspiration.  I made it almost 2 months last time I was seriously clean and then I guess I got PAWS and figured I could take just a couple a day, then started again,, One of the things that we have in common is that we like wine and in NA, they do not belive in drinking at all.  This would be very hard for me to give up both because I have such a love for wine.  If you can fight this addiction and get back on track then I know I can stop my 3 a day and do it too,, You are such a good mom and you are so good to your family.  I just want you to do it for yourself because if you do it for someone else, even if it is your family, it just wont work.. Please keep me posted on your progress as I am looking forward to your path to recovery.  Especially my true hate for drugs after what happen to Lizzies son, we all have so much to live for, and its right here and right now and we cannot ruin it, Life is just so short and leads us on unexpected paths.. Huggs and Peace, Georgia
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.