This is the song by papa roch scars with some variations by me

I tore my pills open, I sold myself short
My weakness is that I want them too much
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tore my pills open just to feel

I
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Not offensive...empowering!  I think of songs in terms of pills all the time. Addiction is so much like a love relationship. You fall in love (with pills) you feel untouchable and powerful and then you get comfortable.  The "new" wears off and you realize that you are still you in the life that you are living...just now with an addiction.  Then you fight with yourself and the pills...you fight the pills.  And then you realize you need to "break up"...and breaking up is HARD to do!
Helpful - 0
try what???? JUST DO IT!!!! i hear this everyday over and over.and so far here i am.it can only get better
Helpful - 0
the song was great thank you for that, as for my friend who is on day two after quiting c/t it is not pretty, she is losing her temper on everything and everyone because she cannot refill until monday--which is a long time for her whatcha think
Helpful - 0
I would not get the refill then. She should be through the major wd's by then and on her way to recovery. If she got the pills on Monday she would just have to go through all of this again. Tell her to take a nice hot bath that really helps many throughout the day. Aslo take a walk if she can that will also help. Trazadone is the best for sleep if she can get any that works wonder's plus its an antidepressant.

Josh
Helpful - 0
I crank the **** out of this when Im driving around in the car....along with sooooooooooooo many others...

Love hate relationship for sur!!
Helpful - 0
hey josh

i am having a hard time trying to give here this advice, all we can get is xanax, will that help any they are 1mg the blue ones how many shoulld she take?
Helpful - 0
ill tell u it will help greatly for sleep but benzos are super addictive.the withdrawls can be worse then opiods.certain detoxes in upstate ny wont take u if u have them in your system.be super careful.my ex switched from methadone to suboxone and was also perscribed the bars 2mgs and he ended up trying to kill me then eventually got arrested after i left for walking down a main road with a shotgun down his pants that he stole from his brother.they can make u forget whats going on(blackout) especially with alcohol.
Helpful - 0
Give her 1 at night to help her sleep and then after the first 4 days gut it to a half for a couple of days then you could do a quarter if she needs to but that would help a lot for her to sleep and have a break from the withdrawals but just as the previous poster said they can be addictive so be carefull with them as well. The hot baths will help throught the day. Ibuproferin (spelling) 800mg helps also for the headaches and leg pains. She is at day to I believe you said that means she is half way through the worst of the wd's. I would not get her pills filled on monday if possible becuase she should be well on her way to recovery by then.

Hope the very best for you I only wish I could have a freind helping me!!!

Josh
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.