Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

need a reason to quit i had one

We all know how hard this is I am doing this all on my own while hiding it. I am married and have a 21/2 year boy and another on the way in 3 months thats why i decided to change my life. I guess the moment that changed everything for me was when i was out of oxy I put my boy to bed wife was at work. I ran next door to my grandma's house to take some of hers without her knowing. She was asleep on the couch my grandpa was downstairs. I snuck in then my grandpa came upstairs so i hid under the dining room table. I sat there for a 1/2. When I got back the garage door was open and my son was laying on the ground asleep with his flash light tears still fresh on his little cheeks. It was at that point I knew I needed to change my life. To see my son their and imagining him crying and looking for me while i was trying to get my fix just broke my heart. That was enough to wake my dumb *** up. I vowed never again would anything like that happen again. That is why i am quiting and I know i will suceed because failure is just not an option for me. This is very hard and you have to want to quit and for the right reasons if you have that you have the power to do anything.

Sincerely
Josh
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am happy to hear you have found your reason...a wonderful reason for quitting.  This is day one for me c/t and my 2 year old son is my main motivation as well.  We are all in this together and we can help each other through it.  My w/d are not full blown yet but soon I will be in hell.
Are you planning on taking anything today or is this day 1 for you too?
Helpful - 0
this is day one c/t feeling ok music is hepling I am at work so trying to make the best of it. Good luck on your day as well. We can do it!

Hope for the best
Josh
Helpful - 0
I just wanted to say congrats to both of you. Those first few days I did nothing but count minutes!!! And counting minutes can make a day feel like a week. But I am now on day Day 25 and counting days instead of minutes. I still think about pills often during the day but I wake up and that is not the first thing I think of which is a huge improvement!!! Stay focused and keep posting! Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
Welcome Josh, that storie brought tears to my eyes.  I have been taking 3 hydro a day down from 15 and was not ready, but, after seeing all these inspiring stories today, I am ready, I will go to 2 tomorrow and then keep going,, I have 3 kids myself and that story was very inspirational.  We just dont realize the damage that we can do to our kids when we are in active addiction and trying to get our fix.   Keep us posted as how you are doing this is a really great place full of caring and non-judgemental people.  I have been here for a while and everytime I am ready to throw in the towel I hear something that is life changing,,
And pgnscared, I am so proud of you girl, I havent talked to you for while cause I been in my own stuff, but, 25 days is amazing.  I remember when you were on day none and scared,, You guys are both very inspirational as many others on here,, Lets keep the faith, Huggs, Georgia
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.