Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
I am so glad that you decided to stick around. You have provided valuable insight and helped me in my recovery with your words of encouragement many times.

I know you learned a valuable lesson in relapse, one I have also learned many times. The fact that you are still here and determined speaks volumes. I think the more we experience and learn about our addictions, the better chance we have of beating them into submission.

Keep going, Marcie. Certainly you can't give up now, right? The worst of w/d are still behind you if you don't give up. You are now better prepared than ever before!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for your encouragement. I will not stop now! I know I can't handle the drugs!  I do have to retrain my way of thinking  and stay away from triggers!  I really did go to help my friends mother.I've been over at least six other times since  I quit....I know she has percocet in the house but the bottle was sitting on the counter and she was upstairs!  Don't know what came over me (obviously I take full responsibility for what I did!) I just really thought I was stronger than that! I felt like I was testing myself! Enough said....I obviously cannot put myself in that situation again! Or get out of it as soon as I can!

Thanks again Scot....you are doing great and it helps to know that you get down too (not that I wish this on you at all!) , we are not alone in this fight!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
ditto, from your friend creek.  SCotquit, YOU as well help so many here.  Thank you both.

Peace~
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.