Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

A Curiosity Question For Y'all

For anyone taking percocet, oxycocet,5/325mg or whatever you choose to call it.  What is the most you have ever taken in a day?  I guess I'm trying to realize just how bad I am with these damn things.  Anyone interested in answering please feel free.
Thanks Peete
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Unfortunately, feeling that way is from the drugs.  I too feel ancient, can't do stairs, get winded doing just about anything.  I smoke as well and since taking these damn pills I smoke 3 times as much so I'm sure that isn't helping the situation any.  I wonder if there was someway to know how we would feel during our addiction if we would even take that first pill???  Thanks for the post.
Peete
Helpful - 0
thanks for the reply.  sometimes when I get really tired after taking my percs I wonder if I'm ODing.  I used to get so much energy when I took them and now I just get tired and yet I still can't seem to stop.  What a mess I am.  I'm taking up to 24 a day.  Did you find that after a while you ended up not being able to take as many without feeling like you were going to pass out from being so completely exhausted???  I used to take 5 when I woke up and I can't take that many now unless I plan on going right back to bed.  Is that "normal".  I just know I need to get off of these things but I'm so afraid.
Thanks Peete
Helpful - 0
I have talked to you in the past.  Good to see you posting tonight!!  I think everyone is long gone to sleep :) toinight, but to answer your questions I feel the more I take the less I do now as well.  I started tapering and it is forcing me to THINK of alternative activities.....just think of something esle....when I was taking soooo many over 20 vics 10,s a day that is all i thought of.  I am forcing myself to concentrate on other things.  

I used to be able to have the energy to do everything and anything, now it is just to exsist and be a couch potato.  So sad indeed.  I hope you find the strength to FIGHT and find yourself in recovery.  You are not alone.  It is a drag these drugs eventually do this to everyone who abuses them.  I used to love them now I hate them.  ANd then I think will it ever GO BACK to the  way it used to be.  Never...it is too far gone.  One is never enough

Good luck to you !!

Peace~
Helpful - 0
You always seem to have such wise and inspiring words to say.  I know that I will get off of these damn things, I just don't know how or when.  I have already lost three years, of which only about the first few months was any fun at all.  It really is sad that so many of us are in this situation.  I wish as I'm sure many do, that I had never even heard the word percocet.  It's 1:30 am here and I'm still trying to decide whether to take more percs or take my sleeping meds.  It's a daily thing when it starts getting late, what to do, what to do...  I am my own worst enemy.  I'll probably be up a while if you want to write back.  Thanks for the advice
Peete
Helpful - 0
Oh my goodness, I do that same thing.  DO I STOP the buzz now, later....it makes you so sleepy by the end of the day.  12;30 here.  Early for an addict on a friday night.  I have been sticking to my taper of 12 per day the last 2 days (started wed.)  Today I was just completely emotional (divorce...got in a fight with the ex) and so I have overdone.  I am an addict.  I am an addict.  
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
For a long time before I actually crashed and burned, I just felt like a 99 year old Zombie all the time.  I remember having to walk up a flight of FIVE steps and being just exhausted by the last one and I'd think "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?"  It somehow didn't seem possible that the total destruction of my body was related to eating and snorting tabs - those had always been my "very special, secret friends."
Helpful - 0
I agree.  I have done the same thing.  And I know...wouldn't it be nice to be tired like the rest of the world is?  
Well, lets call it a night then.  That is one thing you and I could do RIGHT NOW>   Do not take one more.  Unwind, breathe, relax and lets get some rest.  Our bodies will thank us tomorrow, and we will be a smigine prouder of ourselves than if we keep going.'

R U in??
Helpful - 0
I am in!!  Have a good sleep and we'll chat tomorrow.  Thanks for all the advice and chat
Peete
Helpful - 0
Sleep tight.  I'm going to pack it in, turn it off, and say my prayers for having a friend like you.  Nite
Helpful - 0
We all make mistakes, not to worry I am not here to judge anyone.  I can't recall the last time I simply got tired and went to bed.  It's a nightly ritual debating with myself what to do pills or sleep.  Even if I have to get up early, such as I do tomorrow.  One day we will both be sober and hopefully happy.  The worst thing about withdrawal for me is the massive depression that comes with it.  When you add that to the physical hell you have to deal with its just unreal.  
peete
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
I was taking 35-40 10/500 hydro a day.  When I could get oxycodone, which I liked better since it's stronger, I took less, but I'd be afraid to put a number on it.  I know I used to go through 100 in 3-4 days.

Talk about People, Places and THINGS - just typing that I can taste how a just-snorted tylox tasted/felt and it's been over 2 years since I did one of those.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.