Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thank you both

thank you both for your advise however from where i stand and i know this sound awful but there is one thing that can make me feel better my hyros i cannot believe how hard this is every minute seems like forever it does help to be here reading others that have gone through this and yes i do have children boy-4yrs girl2yrs  if i didnt have them id take the bottle of xanax and just sleep it would all be over then!sad but true
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, yes, yes, i too know that feeling oh-so-well...when those suggestions like "go take a walk" sound fantastically impossible b/c of what is going on in your head and body. when you want to give up, completely. it's so damned hard. keep in mind that everything you are feeling, both physical and emotional, is passing at the very moment you're feeling it--life is dynamic and ever-changing every moment, it is not static. ever. look at the shift in the way you are relating to your children. wow, that is huge. and yes if you try to think positively like the other poster suggested, just a little bit...like just shifting your thoughts from a glass half-empty to a glass half-full perspective, that's progress. i heard someone once say that their "Feelings are Not Facts". I like that a lot. So as these feelings/thoughts arise, know in your heart of hearts that they are simultaneously leaving you. it's the true nature of the world, and as an addict i know personally that i have a tendency to latch on to a bad feeling and obsess and worry over it, assume it's permanent, try to cast it in stone and make it a fact, a law, all the while it's just trying to leave me, but can't! so try not to hold these horrible feelings hostage. let the change happen. minute by minute, hour by hour, and as the other poster attested to day by day you will get better. she has a marvelous 9 days (good job. i'm inspired!) and her life has changed so much already--that seems like a damn miracle for anyone who's had to go through opiate withdrawl, but really it's just the nature of how things truly are. Let the change happen, and know that as you suffer you are not alone. i'm tapering off right now, and down to 6 tablets a day of 7.5 mg. vicodin (from 20-25 or so of mixed variety benzos and opiates) and i'm not having to suffer in the usual way YET. but i will be right there with you when i run out, or if i screw up by taking too many and then i won't have enough to continue tapering and i'll be faced w/cold turkey. i'm scared. so, know that you are actually helping me by allowing me to write what i know to be true about this process b/c once i'm in the middle of it all i know i'll have a hard time believing any of it. this keeps it fresh so maybe i'll have a chance. thank you. keep us posted. also remember dear, that even thoughts of suicide are just that--thoughts--and you can let those, too, pass into non-existence. suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and your babies need you. take it easy on yourself, and don't beat yourself up if you're not behaving/feeling in a way you'd like. you WILL blossom QUICKLY will be so proud if you stay the course.
Helpful - 0
Omg I've been there not too long ago.  But just think how much like **** you felt every morning before you took the first pill.  Think positive.  The more you think the worst of those pills the better mentally you'll be able to get through this.  I'm blaming them for everything, that way my brain will not think about the damn things so much.  It's mostly mental.  If you can go to a better place, you'll feel a little better as each hour and day goes by.  I feel great in the mornings now.  I have my children dancin around me and I'm not tellin' them to leave me alone all the time.  When I was on the pills, I always said "leave me alone" because they were bringin my buzz down.  Isn't that awful.  They already see a big difference in me.  The first 3 or 4 days after I quit I was screamin way more than normal but now I'm spending time with them again, taking them to the park, fishing, and the beach just in 9 days sober. :) You can do it, for your children if not for yourself :) You've went this long way to go!!!!  If you can do it this long you can do it!!!  I'll be prayin' for ya!! Take care, lil.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.