Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anyone!

I have noticed something that is causing problems with some of you. You are trying to do too much too quick. I know many of you want it over "Now." and this is not possible. Withdrawal is a process which must progress at it's own speed. You cannot hurry it up because that is what leads to failure. When you begin, bear in mind that it will take some time to complete. At the start take a day or two to set your mind on what is ahead. Think about what you want and how badly you want it. Don't go into it thinking that"Oh boy, with all the experience on this forum it should be a snap." That is not so. Time is a great healer and you have to try and use it to your advantage, all the while keeping in mind that it will probably be a little longer than you think. You can make it. There is no reason why not. Gather your strength, your willpower and your resolve and then begin. You may stumble or even fall, don't let that dismay you. If you are truly sincere in this, then you will overcome the obstacles and push on until you have reached your goal. The reward at the end is fantastic. Think about peace of mind, no pain, no anxiety, and no paranoia. Is that worth working towards? I'll bet your answer is a resounding "YES" Well then, go for it.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes!  I is worth working towards!  It is just WAY easier said then done. But i kow that I only have to do this ONE TIME.  One time thru hell and agony and suffering to the nth degree.  Then it is over.  I want to call and get some pills so bad.....I just can't can't can't.
WHat day are you on?  What did you come off of?
Helpful - 0
I know I want it over with today
Helpful - 0
I have completed the course. I was on Oxycontin for a month. In that time I became completely addicted. I took myself off cold turkey and never actually looked back. I received all kinds of help, with an extra push here and there, from the folks here, It took me about seven weeks to begin to feel normal and an extra few days to get it together. I went through the anxiety, paranoia, no sleep, no appetite and pain that comes with withdrawal. I refused to quit and eventually reached the summit (which is about half way), From that point it began to get a little easier and each day after that was a little more easier. I had a little thing that I did throughout that helped me. I would congratulate myself every day that I made it through. There was no reward until I made that final day and had my first real sleep. It would have been easy to say"To hell with it" and go back to Oxy but I refused to give in and after about two months it was nothing but blue skies. Sure it takes time, but the end result is well worth the time. So what I am really saying to all is,"Get your ass in gear and go for it."
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.