Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Jusy a FYI for lil

I work in medical profession and Darvocet is not an opiate it isnt even considered a narcotic, if it was we would have to count it daily where i work and we dont. Plus i studied it in drug handbook it is NOT an opiate just dont feel bad lil all u took was something a little stronger than tylenol, trust me i know its what i do for a living
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Im with everyone who responded to this horrific LIE.  For me it also started with Darvocet and ended with Oxycontin (over 7 years) so it is an opiate, it is addictive and it will cause w/d symptoms if you stop taking it immediately.  Im so sorry that you are posting statements like these that could have an effect on someone's life.  Please do a little research before you make a definitive statement such as that.  I really hope your not a doctor - but I guess docs don't count the meds.  whew!
Helpful - 0
thx so much wow... I'm so glad you posted that.  For some reason Darvocet always was a crutch to get off the other meds.  If you take 5 of them it gives ya  a little high.  I only took 2 for the pain and instantly almost it took my jitters away from wanting a pill too.  Now I don't feel as guilty.  Thank you so much crosty :) Luvs Lil!!!
Helpful - 0
darvocet leads to hydros leads to oxys leads to fentanyl for me. quit talking like darvos arent even an opiod. cuz they are. i was taking about 24 a day at one point. they do get you high. its a weird high, but a high. my advice, leave them alone. they are bad mojo and have w/d's all their own. lead to same abuse as all others in my eperience.
Helpful - 0
before you start telling people something about a drug and then say "trust me, it is what I do for a living" you need to make sure you are correct.  I work in the medical profession too and there has never been any doubt, in my mind anyway, that Darvocet is a narcotic and an opiate. And it is definitely addicting!
Helpful - 0
I also agree with manonfire, just because its not an opiate does not mean it is not hard to get off or does not lead to something else.  Look at Ultram, it does not do anything for me personal, but, for many they are very addicted,, Whatever the drug is I think that we must be supportive.  Darvocet can get you high and that is scarey.  I hope we did not scare this person off with the anology of the drug as it was put it us just a little stronger than tylenol,... Come on. lets get out of ourselves and be a little more supportive... Peace, G
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I agree with manonfire taking them will just prolong your withdrawl it may seem like it is helping but you are still putting an opiate in your system. My hubby has some for his hand he broke 2 years ago the bottle has a C on it in front of the number which at my pharmacy means controlled substance.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
What is Darvocet?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.