Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Sick To Death

Welcome to the board and congratulations on day 2 c/t. I am also on day 2 and it is very hard. I am going to stick with it this time. I am so sick of taking the pills and it has changed me so much. I was never a lazy person and now I am. I just try to think ahead to the Spring and think of being free of drugs. I want you to know that you will get plenty of support on this board. Everyone here will help you with different remedies and such. I was taking 10-15 norcs (hydros) a day for the last two months. I started out taking them for pain two years ago and have not stopped. I used to take 3 when I got home from work and now that I have been out, due to back problems, I really upped the dosage because of boredom, depression, etc. I have to get my life back in order. Good luck!! There is always someone here for you. You can do it. Do you have support at home?

Always,
Mariyah
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you for asking.  No, I have no support at home.  I live alone, I am divorced and I have no children.  My ex-husband and I were trying to adopt because I can't have children, but everything just went south.  The morphine has totally taken control of my life and I want out.  That's why I came to this board for help.  But I guess because I feel so bad, I spoke badly about sosad and everyone jumped on me.  I've read all of her posts and I think I spoke the truth.  I apologized to her and I will never again say anything about her even if I think she needs to hear it.  Thank you for your concern about me.  I just feel horrible and want to take some pills but I am planning to see this through.  Thanks again,
Sick
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry you're having a rough time. Do you like to read? I am trying to do anything to keep me from taking a pill. Don't worry about the exchange that went on. You have a right to vent too and nerves get so frayed when people are going through withdrawal. You will find support here and I hope you will stay here. It has helped me a lot and I finally decided to just do it for me. If I can help you in any way, please just let me know. I am feeling kind of lousy today and back and forth from computer to bedroom. Keep up the fight!!

Always,
Mariyah
Helpful - 0
I'm new to the site, too. I'm day #2, but too chicken to do it c/t as y'all say. i am tapering. but hats off to you, hang in there. i experienced morphine w/d cold turkey once, last year. Those were some of the most painful, difficult days of my life, not to frighten you but to let you know i feel for you and understand your pain.  once i got over the cold sweats and gi distress, i sufferred most from the sleeplessness. take it easy on that, though, you will sleep again normally. keep a wicked-good book next to your bedside, rent some movies, whatever. Just don't lay in bed tossing and turning for hours. i would give myself about 15 minutes of lying awake, then i'd quit fighting it and read or watch a movie/tv. during this time, i also had some short-term memory loss, so don't be alarmed if you do as well, it's probably temporary. i also had odd muscle spasms and tremors but those went away after 3 weeks or so. hang in there. hot baths helped as did making myself eat even though i had no appetite for a week. but my body really needed the nutrition. start small though or your gut will rebell. do you have anyone to help take care of you for these first 5 days? i suggest you try not to have to work for at least the first week. but then some structure might be good for you and if you're like me, you'll be surprised at how much getting up and out helps. NA mtgs might also help, especially if you live in a larger area--sometimes small-town NA is just too kooky. good luck to you and let us  know how you're doing.
Helpful - 0
Sorry I can't stay - Thelida wrote to me and I quote, "you keep saying you are going to leave, but you are still here.
This is just escalating the situation.
None of us including yourself need this added drama in their lives.
If you are going to leave, just do so & don't respond to any more posts please.
I don't want to chase you away from the forum, but this all needs to stop now.
Many here are in a very fragile emotional state and this is going to make it even worse."
Obviously my fragile state doesn't count.
Helpful - 0
You see, sosad is special and fragile.
I am fighting w/d from morphine and fragile too.  But I don't count because I'm not special.
Helpful - 0
yes you do count... e1 here does to me... I've gotten this far for my children and because of e1 on here.  You have your way of venting and so does e1 on here... e1 is different.  We're all goin' through hell.  I'm here for you and e1 on here... god bless you, ask me for advice or just talk to me k?  :) Lil.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.