Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

sosad & everybody

Hey sosad....

Please do not take offense to my post because I am truly well-meaning in my intentions. The next time somebody says something on here that you don't like simply ignore them or thank them for their opinion and move on. We are on the internet and so have no control over who reads and responds to our posts. Sometimes people say things that we feel are inaccurate and sometimes we might feel that their perceptions of us are inaccurate.People may say things that hurt our feelings. You do not need to defend or explain yourself to anyone.

Several times you said you (I am not directly quoting you here)  were above that sort of behavior and then continued to act in like fashion, only slinging mud. Had you simply accepted the apology and moved on we all would not have been subjected to undue negativity. Not only that, but there will be people who come on this forum for the sole purpose of creating trouble and drama. (This is not directed at Sick to Death, by the way - I am just making a point, here) When you indulge them by responding and feeding into it,  they are getting what they want...drama. There are uneducated people out there that laugh their asses off at forums like this and come here only to **** with us. Don't let them.

So someone said something you didn't like.... Well guess what? That happens to me everyday of my life. If it don't apply let it slide. Sick to death may be a trouble maker. Or he/she may be another addict in need of help and said something she/he knew would be unpopular, but posted their thoughts anyway. Sick to death did state something to the effect that she thought she was telling you strait up something you wouldn't like, but she felt you needed to hear. Maybe she was trying to help you, but you were so busy defending yourself and snapping out that you didn't stop to listen.

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
lol, I thought she was talking about me and telling me that my vocabulary was limited.  That's why I mentioned her spelling.  I found the post and you'll see my answer.  I truly thought she was talking about me.  I didn't know it was about you, but I did after I ready your post 1.
I was even a little timid about coming back on the board because I got bashed so completely.  I am glad there were some, like you, that could see what I was trying to say.
Thanks,
Sick
Helpful - 0
   Leelee, I am no trouble maker.  I am just a lady in pain trying to stay off the morphine.  Today is my 3rd day c/t.  I did speak my mind about sosad because I was so tired of hearing her whine and "nobody loves me" etc.  I can see now I came off rather hard but sometimes people need to hear the truth.  I apologized to her for my abrasiveness but I still mean what I said.  And her following posts just proved what I said.  She never accepted my apology and she kept threatening to leave and finally did (after saying the forum that had coddled her so much "sucks").
   And I don't think anyone has anything against you.  Or maybe I missed it.  Please don't leave because of the drama yesterday.  I can't sleep at night and I have read tons and tons of posts.  I was not the first to stir something up.  But I wasn't trying to make trouble, I just wanted sosad to grow up and face her responsibilities.
   Many people attacked me but some, like you, saw that I was just trying to get a point across.  In my morphine deprived mind, I guess I came off like the wicked witch of the south.  I apologized to her multiple times and that's all I can do.  Don't worry, she'll be back.  Probably under another name but I feel she is out there reading any post that pertains to her.  I do wish her well.
   Well, let me move on.  The bathroom is calling me.  lol
Peace,
Sick
Helpful - 0
Hey, I really did not think that you were a trouble maker at all. I was just trying to cover all the bases for someone. I really appreciate your response to me. I could see the truth in what you had posted to her and actually agreed with what you said. You were strait up, but I don't think that you were abusive in any way. I was trying to make a point to her that her reaction was waaaay out of context and was really the source of drama. Hey, if you check out later posts (sosad & everybody part II) and (I am leaving) she got really shitty with me too. I said nothing nasty to her, and like you, was trying to tell her something she needs to hear and the result was for her to tell me my vocabulary was limited. I approached her as a friend and once again mud was slung. I told her I felt she was a drama queen (not in a mean way if you read the whole post) and she said my vocab was limited and that I should have used the word "expressive" to describe her. The word "expressive" wasn't going to cut it b/c I felt that "drama queen" was right on. I hope you check out my later posts, as I have suspicions of my own about people. I don't feel bad and neither should you. An apology should be enough, but what she wants is to cry to everyone and for her friends to give her sympathy and gush over poor her and to gang up on us (and they did in the beginning) b/c we had the nerve to give her constructive criticism. She would like to see us thrown off the forum and for everyone to hate us so that we are punished for our  actions. Well, I am an intelligent sensitive person with a pill addiction...which makes me more than qualified to be here. I am sorry that she got nasty when I was trying to help. I went to great lengths to be fair and non-judgemental. I won't let someone wallow in self pity b/c they cannot get better that way. I won't get into it again. Just check out later post if you want. I agree with you that certain repeated post detract from the integrity of the forum and may cause a newcomer to go somewhere else, especially if her clique circles around her and excludes the newcomer. Just check out the posts that you feel will be helpful to you and ignore the rest, which is like half the forum, but one must do what one must do.

cu later & thanx

leelee
Helpful - 0
killed the messenger huh
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.