Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Percocet Withdrawal

I was taking 5-10 percs a day for neck pain. ( 3years) I went into a detox for 5 days I had 2days of excruciating pain Tnen I just felt really weak . I have no desire to take a pill Its been 2 weeks. some days im really depressed tired others Im walking ina decent mood Im scared Im going To want apill Has any felt like this?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Newleaf--

You posted on a thread that is 3 years old.  I read what you wrote and I'm concerned for you.

It's very dangerous to your baby to abruptly withdraw from opiates as you are.

Please post your own thread by going to the top of the page on the left side and clicking on the green "post a question" icon.
Helpful - 0
tantrum I too am in the same exact boat as you.Its been three days since I last used pills.I to was taking up to 12 pills(endos in perticular) a day of whatever form of percocet I could get my hands on.I first started when I broke my leg in a high school football game and was perscribed percocets about 7 years ago.I've been on and off them ever since. This time I hit my "Rock bottm" point and am ready to take on a change. Three days ago I woke up and I just did'nt want to kill myself anymore. I have a daughter in which she is 4 years old and a son in which is due to come in 2 months. Life for me I would say is going in the right direction as far as the my life goals, its just this one goal in life that is very hard for me to accomplish for me and my family.I have'nt slept in 2 days now all I do is toss and turn in bed. im tired but just can't seem to fall asleep at night.My body is physically beat from the beat down of the pills but i just can't sleep nor rest. Mybe we can help each other threw our road to recovery...we are both new to this but this is our life we are talking about... for all of us....      
Helpful - 0
ur in a time called post acute withdrawl. ur body is building up its natural opiates now. when u used it stopped making natural opiates cause of the sudden supply of them. this time varies in many addicts. mabey try suboxone ? that will help u work on ur addictive behaviors without worrying about feeling shitty. and antideprpessants wolnt help this. u have to live throu it. all antidepressants will do is give u anouther pill to be dependent on to be happy each day. and thats not what u want. i felt worse on them... god bless u
Helpful - 0
Thanks to everyone, Mikel I tried Suboxene in detox and I would Just vomit. I dont know if it was cause I was not eating. I heard that was addicting too.
Helpful - 0
well congratulations.......yes for my entire life I will be worried about taking a pill. Especially the tough days but just live 1 day at a time. I wish you luck.
Helpful - 0
192332 tn?1189755828
I' with you.I have allmost 3 weeks c/t off hydro.I am having horrible depression.I picked up a bottle of st johns wort at the vitamin counter.it is supposed to help with depression.if i dont start to feel better i'm going to go to my doc for some antidepressants.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.