Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

withdrawal

Been getting tight muscles and more pain from tapering off.Is this common how bad will this pain get and for how long.This is crazy..I really hurt.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good luck! Not goof. Sorry.
Helpful - 0
I'm 46 and was scared too! Nothing wrong with that. I came off 90-120mg of oxy daily. Just did a quick 5 day taper then felt like crap for 4-5 days. It started to get better after the first week. I'll be 18 days clean tomorrow. You can do this but it will take commitment! Get rid of your pills and cut off all sources for them if your serious about this. Post this as a new question and I'm sure you will get a lot of support on here. Goof luck.
Helpful - 0
This is a lame attempt to seek some kind of support I guess....And I feel very ashamed even being here ....it is Wenesday and Thursday I start what I hope to be the end of pain pill abuse for 5 years ....I am a single father and have many reasons or rather excuses why I thought I needed them....and I just can't do it anymore..,,I actually am excited about ridding myself of them....but I am scared....scared? 46 year old scared? It just makes no sense to me.....but my plan is to take my last percocet tomorrow .....have had a 4 or 5 10mg a day habit for 5 years ....with Oxys and hydros mixed in there also....but am gonna send my son away for 4 days to visit family while I just lay in bed and try to sleep it away....maybe borrow a Xanax or 2 to help..,,,I'm just seeking some advice.....this is a long story....and just seek a little help.....thanks
Helpful - 0
hi,

i don't know how long or how much you've been taking, but if all you have for withdrawal is achy muscles, count your blessings! ; )

long hot baths, as many as needed, are recommended. of course any of the NSAIDs (aspirin, tylenol, etc.) will help.

you might ask your doc for a muscle relaxant. tell him you pulled something. this will help with the aches, and will help you to get some rest.

another thing that might get you thru this bit of withdrawal is an anti-diarrheal. the active ingredient in these products is meperidine, an opiate. meperidine does not cross the blood-brain barrier, so you will not get 'high' from it, but it will 'fool' your body into reducing your withdrawal symptoms. take only the recommended amount. there is a condition called 'toxic megacolon' that can be caused by meperedine, so use it with care and don't eat a whole box of pills. ;)

be well.
Helpful - 0
yeah anxiety maybe tightens the muscles,,been off vicodin for
a week and used Darvocettes to taper yet still get this tightness and jitteriness,my kid got off oxycontin and said its hard..she had a perforated bowel.
Firsttime I ever had this problem.wish you luck I know it gets better.keep on writing in here.
Helpful - 0
from what i see, it's different for everyone. I myself feel like im in hell and ive been of oc'c for 9 day. Its really just my anxiety thats killing me. I feel so hopeless......
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.