Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I would love to hear from someone who is d/t c/t alone...

I read all of the posts and it makes me wish that I still had my fiance in my life, especially to help me through this.... After 10 years together we broke up 3 weeks ago, b/c the mess my life had gotten into.  Our relationship wasn't perfect in many ways, but when you aren't with someone you seem to remember the good times before the bad...  
Anyway, would love to hear from someone d/t alone, without support...  I just need to hear that it can be done alone...  I am now 1 week from the last day I took my normal 20 vics a day, and 4 days from my last Perc I took, that I found on the floor.  And today, I felt no more w/d, but was actually just normal.... something that is hard to deal with....  How do I get over this hump of accepting the normal sober feeling, and not being depressed all day b/c I don't have the pills.  It is like I have a devil on one shoulder telling to do anything to get pills, and an angel on the other, telling all the reasons not to....
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hi,

20 Vics a day is a pretty decent habit. but, you know what? if you've already made it a week without them and are back to feeling 'normal', it's only going to get better, day by day.

opiates suppress your body's natural 'feel-good chemicals' - enkephalins, endorphins, endomorphins. your body is beginning to produce them again, and will produce more and more until you get to your 'natural' level. depression during and after quitting is to be expected and it is a sign that you are recovering!

you can help your body produce more endorphins by exercising! it will make you feel 10x better. force yourself to do it. just 15-20 minutes and you will feel the results instantly! also, watching funny movies will make you laugh and will make you feel better. laughter is very good medicine!

and treat yourself to something - a massage, facial, you know - girly stuff. you're out the other end. nothing is worse than withdrawal. give yourself a couple weeks to get back into being 'normal'. stay busy. be with friends. and if you do end up having a pill again, remember what you've learned and don't let it get out of control again. you've already learned that these pills WILL own you - body and soul - if you let them. so don't let them. ; )

be well.
Helpful - 0
u guys try NA or AA even? that helps me. if i didn't have my sponser/ homegroup. or support group of other addicts that i call i wouldn tbe clean today. i seen the found it on the floor perc, i got a chuckle out of that lol. i used to search my rooom corners for the floor pills when dope sick looking for that lil peice thats going to do the trick. its amazing what we loose when using and not even kno about its liek someone put it there for us to find in despeation. well goood luck in recovery try na or aa. they help u rid the past out of ur life throu the 12 steps so u can live free...
Helpful - 0
As I think I told you I am now on day 14 after I stopped taking 1000mg MScontin and other pain meds. I too did it alone with only this forum. I have a great husband who is a overseas and I want to tell him when I see him which will be some 9mos from now.
You are doing great. I know you have that Rx coming. Please don't be there to pick it up and let it be sent back. You have come too far to let those pills get into your hands so you can set yourself up to take them. I hope you are still considering a rehab. it will help you not only legally, but will make your recovery so much healthier and stronger. Well, stay strong and keep talking, your are so much better than when I read your first post.
Helpful - 0
Awww sweetie, you're doin great!!!  You're over the hard part... I'm on day 10 and I still get that ancy feelin' when I think about the pill.  Just get up and do something.  Read a book, sit outside in the breeze, go to the beach or a lake and just sit in a comfy chair and relax.  Feel the breeze on your cheek, listen to the birds, hear the waves etc.  Do anything to get your mind off of those pills one more time.  I know what you're feelin'.  The normal feelin of not havin a pill in your system.  But we have to learn that this is life, not with a pill that's gonna take us away from our loved ones too early.  I don't know about you but I have 3 children that need me.  I'm here for ya girl!!! Take care, you're doing awesome... my prayers are with you tonite.  Sleep well Luvs ya, Lil.
Helpful - 0
I am 41 days into my recovery, and I went it alone, other than the people at this forum. Nobody that I personally know is aware of either the addiction or recovery. I was taking 350 mg a day of morphine. I still have PAWS, but I feel so much better. Education and support are the keys to my recovery; education - knowing that if I take just 1 pill I will be chemically addicted again, support - this forum.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.