Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Need help today

Hello out there,
I am a mom of a special needs little boy and my husband is deployed.  I have stress, but I manage pretty well.  In the past yr I have used hydrocodone (2-3 a day) to help manage my energy level and my attitude.  I started after back problems about a year or so ago.  I saw it getting worse and I am off now.  Cold turkey.  I can't go anywhere because I have so much therapy to handle for my son.  It really isn't too bad, some stomach problems, shakey, jumpy.  I am able to sleep so after reading this board, I feel lucky about that.  I am on Day 5.  I need a light in my tunnel.  Any suggestions are helpful( already praying).  What to eat, How long should I expect this to last? my family thinks I have a virus, me and God know differently. Thanks for the help,
mom in stress
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, I can tell ya that the more I get outta this house with my children the better.  Even if it's just in the backyard.  Get a comfy chair and go outside and read.  Listen to the birds, feel the wind on your face, sing your child a song (I did that the other day and saw her big brown eyes staring back in mine and I started crying right in front of her knowing I was doing this for her :) ) You are doin' great.  5 days is a very long time.  I'm on my 11th and I feel even better than ever this morning.  But when I start feeling crappy, I try to get outside.  It's been my sanctuary.  For some reason it makes me feel like life is worth living when I feel the sun in my eyes.  Funny, before when I was on the pills I hated being outside.  My prayers are with you and your son, take care, Lil.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for answering me so quickly.  I will get outside.  Right now I feel like I am about to crawl out of my skin. Day 11..wow.  I look forward to day 11.  :o)
Helpful - 0
193953 tn?1272075026
Does your son not qualify for some respite hours? If he does, you may want to take his case manager up on the offer! Go get your hair done, pedicure or manicure.... Don't feel guilty for needing respite, that is why they are there! You need some time to just concentrate on yourself. Call his case manager and let them know you need some a respite worker. Chances are it has already been put into his treatment plan or PCP, whichever and has already been approved. It is probably on the plan but you haven't used the hours. I bet because you feel guilty because he doesn't have dad right now. Its ok! Most all of those respite workers are very qualified and you may be surprised as to they will probably bond. If they aren't clicking, let the CM know and they will find another.... You deserve it hon... He deserves it.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.