Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To addictedtolortab

Hi, I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss my post to you under "I don't want to be cruel, but I am sick to death hearing about sosad5306..."  It is now a few pages back but you were very hateful to me and you don't even know me.  I am not a mean lady trying to stir up trouble.  I just spoke my feelings, albeit I could've been less abrasive, but it is never fair to wish ill will to anyone like you did to me.  If you go back and look at sosad's posts, you will understand the point I was trying to get across.  And then I did apologize multiple times.  And I apologize to you for getting your ire up, but an addict doesn't like to hear the truth and that was especially the case with sosad.
Regards, Sick
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
C'mon its a new day.. lets let all that stuff that happened yesterday stay there.. and start over.. people say stuff they don't think through when they are not feeling well.. lets just chalk it up as that..
How are you feeling today?? I didn't get to hear much of your story yesterday??  Is this day 3 for you??
Helpful - 0
Thank you for such a "peace-making" response.  It is a new day, isn't it?  Yes it's the 3rd day of ct from the morphine.  I was up all night with my legs "bouncing around" and back and forth to the bathroom.  I have no energy and feel just terrible.  But I'm not giving up.  I just wish I knew when it would get better.
Peace, Sick
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
We addicts are known for our reactions.. we react insteed of responding I think thats what happened yesterday... I didn't read it till late last night.. but I feel we all can start fresh today..
Day 3.. you won't feel any better than yesterday.. Tommorrow you should see some kinda light..
Pick up some Hylands Restful Legs at your drug store..  they are great and have helped many.. they have a few products that are homeopatic..
And of course Immodium.. also cheese and bananas help with the awful "twosies"
Helpful - 0
I didnt mean to be nasty to you, I would just like everybody to get along,  I  think its great that you are getting off the morphine.  It is a new day so I just want everyone to get along.  We all have so much to be gratefulf for.  Weclome to the forum and I hope that you are doing well in your detox.  Peace, G
Helpful - 0
I can understan and relate to what you felt or are feeling. Many times I have read posts where I have wanted to respond and have even written out the post but I have had to bite my lip and just delete it. The emotions on this forum can be so raw (including yours) we all have to be careful. Yesterday was yesterday, lets move on and start this day with a positive energy and leave all that happened behind.
Yppu are doing great on day 3 keep up the good work and stay positive and with the people that keep you positive. (skip over tthe posts that you know will bring you down) If you need to chat and see my name you can always call on me.
God Bless
Helpful - 0
Hey, i posted a response to you in the middle of yesterday's drama but never heard back. it was about your current state of detoxing w/ morphine and nothing to do with the controversy, so i wasn't sure if it got overlooked. i went through what you are going through last year. hang in there. this is all temporary, i promise. taking baths helped me a whole lot, as did forcing myself to eat a bit every day once i could keep something down. your body needs nourishment but the w/d symptoms will tell you you're just not hungry so forget about the food. hopefully my comments yesterday at least let you know there's someone out here that's gone through what you're goin through and my heart goes out to you. stay the course. when i came out the other side, i found that there was huge power in the horrific nature of  the w/d from Morphine....power in the fact that i never wanted to touch the stuff again, and i never felt that way about other drugs i put in my body and detoxed from. but THAT one (the detox experience from Morphine) really stuck. if you can, write down your experience so you can read it later, just in case the memories elude you if you end up considering starting up again. hang in there, you're doing great. you're going to make it through this. we will help you. warmest regards, athena.
Helpful - 0
Hey Athena, I did miss your comment yesterday.  I was just very upset.  I knew when I said what I did that I would be attacked, but I wasn't ready for the viciousness of sosad's supporters.  I still mean what I said, but I definitely shouldn't have been so abrasive.  But even after I apologized many, many times, I was still bashed.
So are you coming off morphine now?  I feel absolutely horrid.  I did take a vacation week and it's a good thing because I'm either in bed, the bathroom, or using my laptop.
Please tell me what to expect as far as the withdrawals.  I'm terrified.
Thank you, Sick
Helpful - 0
hey, i'm going to find that post from yesterday, copy it and paste it into my next post to you, as it may answer some of your questions.

no, i'm tapering off assorted opiates and benzos right now. my experience w/ morphine detox cold turkey happened last year but i remember it like it was yesterday.

look for my next post to you.

best,
athena
Helpful - 0
HERE IT IS, I FOUND IT AND WILL PASTE IT HERE:

I'm new to the site, too. I'm day #2, but too chicken to do it c/t as y'all say. i am tapering. but hats off to you, hang in there. i experienced morphine w/d cold turkey once, last year. Those were some of the most painful, difficult days of my life, not to frighten you but to let you know i feel for you and understand your pain. once i got over the cold sweats and gi distress, i sufferred most from the sleeplessness. take it easy on that, though, you will sleep again normally. keep a wicked-good book next to your bedside, rent some movies, whatever. Just don't lay in bed tossing and turning for hours. i would give myself about 15 minutes of lying awake, then i'd quit fighting it and read or watch a movie/tv. during this time, i also had some short-term memory loss, so don't be alarmed if you do as well, it's probably temporary. i also had horrendous muscle spasms and tremors but those went away after 3 weeks or so. hang in there. hot baths helped as did making myself eat even though i had no appetite for a week. but my body really needed the nutrition. start small though or your gut will rebell. do you have anyone to help take care of you for these first 5 days? i suggest you try not to have to work for at least the first week. but then some structure might be good for you and if you're like me, you'll be surprised at how much getting up and out helps. NA mtgs might also help, especially if you live in a larger area--sometimes small-town NA is just too kooky. good luck to you and let us know how you're doing.

THERE YOU GO. THAT WAS THE POST FROM YESTERDAY.  LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I KNOW HOW BADLY YOU ARE SUFFERRING, DEAR, JUST HANG IN THERE B/C IT IS WORTH IT.

--ATHENA
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.