Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

One Month Today

Just want everyone to know that today I am thirty days free from 18 years of taking percocets and vicodin. I COULD NOT have done this without the help of what became my family in this forum. To the many who helped me during the initial W/D's,and thereafter with there encouragement that kept me going forward, THANK YOU ALL, from the bottom of my heart.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What is the Thomas recipe? Congratulions! im onmy19th day freedom from pain pills after 4 yrs
Helpful - 0
CONGRATS WOW THIRTY DAYS I CANT EVEN IMAGINE GOING THAT LONG I STILL HAVE NOT QUIT BUT THAT IS GREAT PROUD OF U

CHROS
Helpful - 0
can i ask you did you take anything in place of the pain pills? like methadone or anything. just wondering, my husband did that and now wishes he wouldn't have.
congrats to you for your acomplishment. and good luck.
Helpful - 0
You deserve kudos my friend!  Keep the recovery going....it's worth the fight!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
I need you to know that I was on various pain medications for about 18 years. I am told that a complete recovery could take a very long time. In answer to one question, I used the Thomas Recipe, but I tailored it for my own needs. The vitamins I still use on not such good days. The melatonin helps somewhat with sleep, but Please Understand, TIME clean is your biggest helper. As time goes on I feel a tad better, not much, just a bit. I have days that are a bit worse then the day before, but, overall it's mostly forward motion! I now take over the counter medication only when needed. When I feel "the urge" I focus on the horrible position I was in and don't want to go back, NO WAY! The natural high that I forgot about, is SOoo000 much better than the substance feeling. In my humble opinion methadone is just a substitution for what we were taking, like a "fill-in". It becomes another substance to withdraw from all over again .  Sleep remains an isuue, but I now get about 4-5 hours a night. PLEASE TRUST ME, hang in there, ask questions, and YOU WILL get through this I promise.
May God Bless us all in this fight for freedom
Helpful - 0
Wow that's awesome, you are doin great!!!  After 30 days is it better?  Do you ever think of it still?  I'm at 13 days and I'm startin' to get that scared and anxious feelin' all over again.  Thanks for your inspiration.  Lil.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.