Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Back to the beginning

Well i guess i messed up i started taking more vicodin on monday, man its just the anxiety is too much going c/t is hard as ever and it scares me not to be able to sleep and have anxiety and night its scary. any advice please. i ve only been on vics for about 3months every day, ican just imagine the people that have been on them for yrs, man im scared any advice:(
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
don't beat yourself up try tapering maybe that would be easier. I've been an addict for 11 years and tried ct....no way . I've been tapering for just over 2 weeks and it seems to be working for me so far. The longer you take them the harder it is to come off them just remember that. Good Luck
Helpful - 0
thank you so much for your advice, i totally agree with you i guess c/t is not for me so im definately going to try tapering for now on... thank you!!!!!
Helpful - 0
I guess I would say it just depends on how much self control you have! I know in my case I could not control myself on how many pills I would do, if I had them I did them. Drug addiction is something that we can not control, but somewhere in our minds we think we can. I would say tapering is good if you have enough self disiplin to not take more than the taper. I know in my case I had to have complete abstinence from the pills. Everyone is different and I think it depends on how much your using and how long you have been using, because it is not just the physical withdrawl it is also the emotional withdrawl, that is worse than the physical. My opinion though. You have to find what works for you though, and keep yourself safe. That is one of the big things that I have had to learn you have to retrain your brain completely. Have you watched the secret? It is something I recommened to everyone in recovery or contemplating it. Recovery is alot of work! I have been clean for almost a year now and somedays I don't ever think about it and then others it is in and out of my mind all day. Goodluck in your recovery, the most important thing is you have chosen to ask for help and to get advice from others that have been through this. I think recovery starts with the willingness! You have to be rigoursly honest and open to someone you trust. So that you can start the road to and honest open life. Even though it is hard it is so worth it!!!
Ash
Helpful - 0
You know i am the same way if i have 10pills all pretty much take all 10 in one day.when i dont have any i can handle during the day the only problem is at night i cant sleep and i get anxiety attacks, those feel horrible. maybe if i taper thell get less and less terrible i dont know ill try anything to get off this...thank you so much for you advice i really do appriciate it im so new to this and im glad there people out there that are willing to give me advice.
Helpful - 0
don't beat yourself up my dear; just begin again, where you left off. don't let your mind tell you that "oh well, i slipped so now i might as well go all out". just get right back to your business of tapering exactly where you left off. good luck, and keep posting. these people will support you.

Many of us are tapering and have found support at this site to do so. Every day b-4 i take my taper-down dose, i check-in at this site. it helps. tell others, or at least one person at this site, where you are w/ your taper (how much how often/for how long/projected Clean date) and be accountable to them by touching base before you put anything in your body everyday. it's been a huge help.

Blessings,
Athena
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.